X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Defrag vs Smart Defrag

As I am a new member can anyone suggest which utility is better to use, Windows or Smart Defrag? Thanks

Smart Defrag!!!

You can get a lot of information if you read the threads in this Smart Defrag section.

Please read the posts in Think about Defragmentation!!! thread to get a better idea of fragmentation and defragmetation.

Cheers.
    enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

smartdefrag beats windows defrag by miles

Comment

Yes, Smart Defrag is way better. More customizable and optimizes the system, not just defrag like windows.

Comment

The Windows default defragmentation tool is made by Perfect Disk and the version in Windows Vista is set to automatically defrag all disks on the computer without any option to do otherwise. What sent me looking for a better defrag program was that the Vista defrag program would redundantly defrag my WD My Book 1TB Drive with 100's of Gigabites worth of stored files on it with no option to skip it thus wasting hours upon hours of system resources.

After trying several of the top rated defragmentation and optimization shareware programs some of which cost as much as $50 the IObit Smart Defrag freeware program proved to be the only one that could actually improve disk performance as measured in HD Tune Pro benchtests.

The benchtest results below show a 4.6% increase in the average transfer rate of my main hard drive as well as an improvement in access time, burst rate and a 44% drop in CPU usage as compared with the same benchtests done prior to defrag and optimization using the truly amazing and highly effective IObit Smart Defrag...

HD Tune 2.55 Benchtest before...

HD Tune Pro 3.5 Benchtest after Defragmentation and Optimization with IObit Smart Defrag...

~Maxx~
          Last edited by Maxxwire; Jun. 9th, 2009, 07:12.

Comment

I have had some great results with Smart Defrag over Windows. I would recommend it any day.
            OnlineComputerHelpers.com - Computer Repair

Comment

Hi,

Smart Defrag.....
              XP SP3 fully patched
              1536 MB RAM
              2.53 GHz processor
              Nvidia
              2 hd + one external hard drive.
              Antivir + Comodo firewall
              Sandboxie v3.38
              WinPatrol 16.0.2009.6.
              Process Tamer 2.11.02

Bye

Comment

I have used Diskkeeper for many years. It has always been the most powerful defrag utility on the market. It still has some special tools that an IT admin would find useful in an enterprise environment but I have found that Smart Defrag does every bit as good a job on indiividual machines. Besides that SD is free!
                Visualize whirled peas!

Comment

The best way to find out beyond a shadow of a doubt that Smart Defrag is the best defragmentation/optimization program is to download 5 or 6 of the world's best programs and compare them. When I did this I found that the other defraggers were each gimmiky and didn't deliver an optimized HDD the way Smart Defrag can.

~Maxx~

Comment

hi guys

smart defrag seems to be better than windows defrag progran

i ran into IOBit searching for a better defrag actually

i use the program for a month now and i am afraid to use its Deep Optimize option

Can anyone assure me I can safely use it???

Windows Vista home premium sp2
                    160 Gb (93Gb free)

cheers

Comment

Hi demitris
                      I haven't seen any ill effects from using it by myself.
                      In my opinion it would also be strange, - after all it is a defrag program, - it doesn't delete anything.
                      επαρκής ? (sufficient measure? )
                      Cheers
                      solbjerg

Originally posted by demitris View Post
                      hi guys

smart defrag seems to be better than windows defrag progran

i ran into IOBit searching for a better defrag actually

i use the program for a month now and i am afraid to use its Deep Optimize option

Can anyone assure me I can safely use it???

Windows Vista home premium sp2
                      160 Gb (93Gb free)

cheers
                      太阳山 (solbjerg)
                      Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                      (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                      Itemized subjects Table of content
                      In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                      Clean Install concept Clean Install
                      Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

demitris

By all means,use it.If you run the "fast optimize" first,then you can watch the process put the final touches on the file placement.I like wathching the files jump around,but hey,that's just me.
                        Great day and God bless horsepower & Mark Martin

Comment

hi everybody

thanks for the information

by the way Solbjerg i was surprised u understand Greek writing

Ναι, η εξήγηση ήταν επαρκής
                          yes, the exlanation was sufficient

cheers -γεια

Comment

Ok demitris
                            Let us hear how you make out with the deep optimize
                            By the way I don't really understand Greek, but I have very many dictionaries, - and I like to find out.
                            Unfortunately a full measure of knowledge is exceedingly hard to attain
                            Cheers
                            solbjerg

Originally posted by demitris View Post
                            hi everybody

thanks for the information

by the way Solbjerg i was surprised u understand Greek writing

Ναι, η εξήγηση ήταν επαρκής
                            yes, the exlanation was sufficient

cheers -γεια
                            太阳山 (solbjerg)
                            Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                            (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                            Itemized subjects Table of content
                            In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                            Clean Install concept Clean Install
                            Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

I have Smart DeFrag running continuously and also Deep Optimize as part of my weekly Spring Clean & TuneUp:
                              ASC clean up, full Avast scan, SpyBot Search & Destroy plus check for updates to apps

I read a recommendation somewhere, maybe here, to:
                              Turn Off Hibernation
                              Do a Windows Defrag
                              Do a Deep Optimize

I tried this and it seemed the Windows Defrag did move some immovable files then the Deep Optimize stacked everything into nice neat rows.
                              Keeping in mind I don't understand this stuff much at all, I was wondering if anyone thinks this is acceptable, good, bad or un-necessary etc

Originally posted by detailer
                              I like watching the files jump around,but hey,that's just me.
                              And me, I spent a while giving Smart DeFrag a lovely color scheme so now it's Golden Dots zipping around, very nice

Thanks for these great softwares iObit, I sing your praises often. It's the least I can do

All the best, woz of oz
                              FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first
                              Description of IObit Forum features and requirements - Reading this is compulsory
                              The thread also includes Handy Links

NEW USER PUBLIC PROFILE POLICY effective on February 01, 2013 !
                              It is compulsory to add your OS + Computer Details to your Profile

Usage of IObit Products
                              Information about using IObit software
                              Also contains a wealth of diverse information on many different related subjects

Comment

Working...
                              X