IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What is MFT?

dcroose

• 5 months later...

orange mft

i am trying to find out what MFT means when i go to the main page of defrag. it has expanded in the last two days and i don't know what it means! could someone please tell me? i'm afraid now my system is being infected by something!

thanks,

butch

Hi butch

Master File Table keeps track of your important directories and files.

If it is growing out of all proportion then please check if you have enabled shadow copying in your services (services.msc in Run)

How many blocks are shown by you as being MFT ?

Perhaps a screenshot would be good :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

i am trying to find out what MFT means when i go to the main page of defrag. it has expanded in the last two days and i don't know what it means! could someone please tell me? i'm afraid now my system is being infected by something!

thanks,

butch

Hi all .. New Guy ..

Just wondering if it was a good idea to have 2 defragmenters downloaded at the same time .. I seen the post on the Puran Defrag with the MFT organizer .. I use smart Defrag often and thought there mite be a conflict with both programs .. Think its ok to use both .. ??? .. Thank's for you're time on this ..

Hi Jamie67,

It is not a bad idea to have more than 1 defragmenter, unless you use more than 1 at the same time. ie. Do not run 2 defragmenters at the same moment.

Please note that, all defragmenters have different algorithims, and logics, so one defragmenter can change what the other one does.

Summary:

You can use both of them, there are no conflicts.

Suggestion:

Use Puran Defrag for defrag of system files and use Smart Defrag for optimized defrag of the disk.

Cheers.

Hey Melvin Deal ..

I have plenty of space left and thank you for asking .. I was just wondering what kind of De-frags were out there .. I did some looking around and found a site at http://download.cnet.com .. Theirs a lot of free spy-ware and other programs on their that I have never even heard of before .. This seems to be a good Download site to go to for what ever a person feels like they need .. and free to .. Thank you all for you're Help .. (to the post above me) .. go to Google and research MFT .. you will find what you're looking for there .. Every one take care and thanks again ..

Sunny Stains ..

Thank you for the Heads up .. Will pay attention (Hopefully) to what I am looking at .. If I have any questions on a product I will be sure to ask the Forum to see if any one else has had any experience .. and or bad experiences with that program .. Thanks again ..

Archived