IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

PC locks up after running Deep Optimize...

Hello, I have been using Smart Defrag for a while now, but just recently, every time I run a Deep Optimize my computer locks up afterward. I can still move the mouse and click on icons, but nothing opens up, and I can't even turn off the computer unless I hold the power button for an emergency shutdown. Does anyone know anything about this? I am running Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium and IObit Smart Defrag 1.40.

I already tried to do that, but just last night, with it running in the background, not even doing a regular defag, my system semi-locked up again. It's a very strange lock-up. It looks fine, but nothing will open. I just uninstalled.

Hi foxgear

A clean install means that you shut down the program and it's automatic functions first of all - and then uninstall, - and then delete the program folder, - and run a reg. cleaning, - and then install the program again, preferably a new unblocked version.

Was that how you did it?

Cheers

solbjerg

I already tried to do that, but just last night, with it running in the background, not even doing a regular defag, my system semi-locked up again. It's a very strange lock-up. It looks fine, but nothing will open. I just uninstalled.

Hi foxgear

A clean install means that you shut down the program and it's automatic functions first of all - and then uninstall, - and then delete the program folder, - and run a reg. cleaning, - and then install the program again, preferably a new unblocked version.

Was that how you did it?

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, that is exactly how I did it.

Clean Uninstall & Install

This is the procedure I use to do a Clean Uninstall & Install:

Uninstall:

• Exit the IObit Software you want to uninstall, make sure it is completely shut down.

• To uninstall the IObit Software it is recommended you use IObit Uninstaller Select the Powerful Scan option

But you can just uninstall in the usual manner if you prefer.

• Launch BitRemover --> select only the IObit Software you uninstalled --> run BitRemover

Delete Folders:

• Launch Windows Explorer (Windows key + E)

• Open (C:)

• Open Documents and Settings and use the following procedure for all the User folders in the Documents and Settings section.

These will possibly be: Administrator, All Users, Default User, Owner, Your User Name and there might be more or less

• Open Application Data

• Open the IObit folder (if there is one) and delete only the folder of the uninstalled IObit Software

Note: Pay particular attention to the Your User Name folder.

Here is an example screenshot of the Documents and Settings --> Your User Name procedure (Wozofoz is My User Name)

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4626&stc=1&d=1268981042

• Open Program Files

• Open IObit

• Delete only the folder of the uninstalled IObit Software

Here is an example screenshot of the Program Files --> IObit procedure:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4627&stc=1&d=1268981042

Clean the Registry:

• If you did not uninstall Advanced System Care then use it to clean the Registry

• If you did uninstall Advanced System Care then use a well respected Registry cleaner to clean the Registry

It is not necessary to Restart your computer after this but personally I always Restart after uninstalling any software, it's just a habit :wink:

Install the IObit Software:

• Install the software in the usual manner.

Note: All settings and options have been deleted so you will need to select them again.

If you have the Pro version you will need to enter your license code again.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived