Misspelled process name "UninstallMontior"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misspelled process name "UninstallMontior"

The application PubMonitor.exe, that runs with my version of Smart Defrag 5.8 pro, shows up as "UninstallMontior" in the task manager. https://i.imgur.com/h1D0bKP.jpg What is this process? What is it for? When I first saw the spelling, I thought it was part of a virus, until I realized it was part of Smart Defrag. The misspelling makes me uncomfortable. Even if it was just an innocent mistake, it still erodes my faith in the quality of the software. After all, a misspelling in some key part of the code could have more serious consequences.

Also, off topic, I found no indication on the forums that I would have to sign up and verify my registration before being able to post. And it took me far too long to find a link that allowed me to register

Hello,

This is Cicely from IObit.

PubMonitor.exe is a process to monitor the uninstallation of any programs in case of any leftovers.

If you don't need it, you can end it manually.

Thank you for your feedback on the issue on the forum, we will check it and improve.

Cheers.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

I don't have iobit uninstaller or any other iobit program. I only have smart defrag. Why would smart defrag run pubmonitor.exe?

Comment

Hi there,

It comes alone with Smart Defrag. We have forward your opinion to our product team and they will find a way to improve it.

Cheers.
        IObit Support Team --
        If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Working...
        X