X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Smart Defrag v2

Please post suggestions for Smart Defrag in this thread.
    samr.

Try out and comment.

Just install and tried. The layout is better than v.1. It seems work faster.
    No error message so far. I reduce the use freq. of the previous one because it takes so long, 3-4 hrs. Strangely no obvious improvement or benefit has made from the previous version. I will continue to try this version and report the results.
    cheers, and thank you IObit

:-P:-P

Comment

Hi fjc
      Please also inform us about your OS and the state of your disks - free space and capacity (preferably in percentage)
      Cheers
      solbjerg

Originally posted by fjc36 View Post
      Just install and tried. The layout is better than v.1. It seems work faster.
      No error message so far. I reduce the use freq. of the previous one because it takes so long, 3-4 hrs. Strangely no obvious improvement or benefit has made from the previous version. I will continue to try this version and report the results.
      cheers, and thank you IObit

:-P:-P
      太阳山 (solbjerg)
      Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
      (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
      Itemized subjects Table of content
      In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
      Clean Install concept Clean Install
      Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

my request
        a) run in background means hide tray icon
        b) arrange files according to layout.ini
        c) files larger then {user defined} to end of drive

Comment

make > portable < version Smart Defrag

Comment

Originally posted by caki 22 View Post
            make > portable < version Smart Defrag
            What do you Mean by "portable"?
            A portable device type that does not have Windows operating-system?
            Or do you mean you want to run it from a flash-drive or memory-card?

Comment

Originally posted by Toppack View Post
              What do you Mean by "portable"?
              A portable device type that does not have Windows operating-system?
              Or do you mean you want to run it from a flash-drive or memory-card?
              I want to run it from a flash-drive or memory-card (no install in system)

Comment

Originally posted by caki 22 View Post
                I want to run it from a flash-drive or memory-card (no install in system)
                Have you tried to run it from a flash drive?
                If so, What happened?
                I've Not tried that, but I may want to someday. So, that would be good to know.
                I sometimes help friends fix their computers and that could come in handy.

It seems to me that it should run Okay from a Flash-drive or memory-card, since it's just another drive to the OS ?

Comment

Have you tried to run it from a flash drive?
                  If so, What happened?
                  I've Not tried that, but I may want to someday. So, that would be good to know.
                  I sometimes help friends fix their computers and that could come in handy.

It seems to me that it should run Okay from a Flash-drive or memory-card, since it's just another drive to the OS ?
                  you understand me, I suggest that you made (IOBIT) a smart defrag portable for use without installation

portable software

explanation:portable

Not require any kind of formal installation onto a computer's permanent storage device to be executed, and can be stored on a removable storage device such as USB flash drive, enabling it to be used on multiple computers.

Comment

Free software Must be Installed on a drive somewhere (either internal or external), or it can Not be loaded and Ran.
                    So, I'm guessing that you have Not Tried running SD from a portable drive, correct?
                    If no one else reports having tried that soon, I will attempt it.
                    We Retired guys have some time to Play with stuff like that. :lol:

Comment

Free software Must be Installed on a drive somewhere (either internal or external), or it can Not be loaded and Ran.
                      So, I'm guessing that you Not Tried running SD from a portable drive, correct?
                      If no one else reports having tried that soon, I will attempt it.
                      We Retired guys have some time to Play with stuff like that. :lol:
                      you not understand what it means portable software
                      because probably you never use portable software

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_application

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_portable_software

Comment

Yes, I know what it is and have Run many programs from flash-drives.
                        (It appears my comments may not be Translated properly?)

I went ahead and tried an install of version-1.5 to a flash-drive.
                        The SD install routine does Not give the option of where to Install it.
                        It defaults to the c: drive.
                        Having a location option, in the Install routine, is probably what you are asking for?

After install to C:drive I was able to Copy the IObit Folder from C: drive To the flash-drive and then run SD from the flash-drive tho.
                        The only problem I saw when doing that is that it was much Slower loading and running than it is from c:drive.
                        If you really Need to run it from a Flash-drive it appears that it Can be done if it is Copied to that drive.
                        I hope that helps,

Comment

Interface Disk

Might I suggest that the diplay of the sectors or blocks is still a bit well BORING. Put a circular disk on it that looks like a cd but have blocks on it showing data and its details like fragmentation and etc. it would be cooler that way

Comment

There are other software developers using that round type graph Already.
                            We don't want IObit to be accused of Copying their work. :-P

and Personally I think the square graph is easier to read and more practical use of space, altho, as you say, it may not be as Pretty and Cool.
                            I would not call the version-2-beta blocks 'Boring' tho, which are a big improvement over v1.5 blocks.

Comment

Hi aeri31820, you mean like Ultimate Defrag? Well, all the naggers start saying that it is borrowed :-P:lol: (you understand what I mean) from an other company.

I like the idea and have been using UD since the first day, but the new GUI of Smart Defrag 2 is gorgeous IMHO. Expect it to become better though.:smile:

Cheers.

EDIT: You beat me Toppack.
                              enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Working...
                              X