IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Defrag a Solid State ?

wozofoz

The following question was in the User Profile Computer Details of member Aki ORR

All the best, woz of oz

I use a SAMSUNG 900X + iNTEL i5 CPU, with WINDOWS 7

It has no disk

It uses solid state gates instead

Should I use IOBIT disk operations with it (defrag etc) ?

Can they damage the solid state storage?

Thanks for any info

The most experienced defragmentation company in existence has just developed an SSD optimization program. If their is not much to gain by defragmenting SSDs I doubt they would've spent the time and money to develop it.

It's true SSDs don't fragment the same way that HDDs do because they work under entirely different premises but SSDs do have fragmentation like weaknesses that affect them, here's the white paper link:

SSD Defrag White Paper

As SSDs become more prevalent and widely used we'll get a truer picture of how they actually behave in real world use. Remember, in the 80s the claim for CDs was that they never skipped —we shortly found out that wasn't true.

Ok Ron Caber

In light of your information, what is then your recommandaton for SSD defrag? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

The most experienced defragmentation company in existence has just developed an SSD optimization program. If their is not much to gain by defragmenting SSDs I doubt they would've spent the time and money to develop it.

It's true SSDs don't fragment the same way that HDDs do because they work under entirely different premises but SSDs do have fragmentation like weaknesses that affect them, here's the white paper link:

SSD Defrag White Paper

As SSDs become more prevalent and widely used we'll get a truer picture of how they actually behave in real world use. Remember, in the 80s the claim for CDs was that they never skipped —we shortly found out that wasn't true.

Archived