IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help computer will no longer boot up [Due to clogged fans!]

gigijord

I recently installed defrag 2 - all was well and the program would do its thing while computer was idle. I decided to switch on the boot time defrag as well and on next boot up received error that boot time defrag could not be started.

I have been away for a week and on return switched on the comp and iobit boot time defrag cycled through the list of options - all looked ok, no errors and computer continued to boot up as normal. I lost my mouse due to batteries failing I assumed and changed them. Could not get mouse to get going so did a hard restart as by this stage lost keyboard as well.

Now, computer will not boot up at all. Before I take my machine to the doctor is there any steps I could take to get my machine booting up again. Power looks ok - though there is no signal going to monitor so computer not getting very far at all on boot up.

Help! :(

F8 no response - win7 disc no response though disk drive light flashes on when power up. It's like the keyboard/mouse are no longer read by comp. I will plug in an USB mouse/keyboard maybe? The setup I have has a wireless keyboard/mouse (Logitech). I'll post back…

I'm sure I've changed the bios previously to boot to hard drive before DVD (after installing win7).

I can't get to bios screen either just a big black nothing, not looking good at all.

Comp is at doctors I will post the diagnosis for posterity's sake.

Thanks for your replies.

Hi gigijord

Have you checked if the batteries in your mouse and keyboard are in working condition - how old are they?

Cheers

solbjerg

F8 no response - win7 disc no response though disk drive light flashes on when power up. It's like the keyboard/mouse are no longer read by comp. I will plug in an USB mouse/keyboard maybe? The setup I have has a wireless keyboard/mouse (Logitech). I'll post back…

Hi gigijord

Ok then that possibility is out of the way :-)

How about your power settings? Do you remember? Do you have a key on your keyboard that is called "wake up"?

How about the CMOS battery? Is that very old?

But you said you had sent it to the repair-man, right?

It will be interesting to hear what he/she says :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Yeah I have. I plugged in an old non USB keyboard as well to see if I could wake the comp up but no luck.

Ok computer all fixed - $275.

Good news is I didn't lose any data and windows installation is fine. What happened is computer over-heated and video card fan had stopped working all due to dust accumulation. New video card, power supply and clean up.

So, apologies to iobit for implying it was their program. It was a coincidence that the last thing the old computer attempted to do was defrag - it was primed and ready to blow at any moment.

Hi gigijord

Glad you got your machine up and operating. Just wanted to stop by and thank you for taking the time to drop back by and let everyone know what the problems turned out to be. Some folks come by with their problems and complaints and then they are never heard from again.

A.T.

Archived