IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD 3 Versus SD 2.9 on windows 8

Scannan

A friend who I recommended SD to contacted me yesterday to say he was worried that SD3 was not working properly. When I ran SD3 on his machine running windows 8, we noted that when the disc was analysed that the map did not show MFT or Immovable files. This looked completely wrong.

I loaded SD 2.9 and ran it. When the disc was analysed the map showed the MFT and the Immovable files. I had to recommend to him that he use SD 2.9 and not to use SD3.

I am concerned that Iobit are moving to SD 4 already when it appears that SD3 is still not performing well.

Hi Scannan

I just ran a defragmentation with version 3.1

It started out by showing 3 squares as MFT, after it had 3/4 finished these squares became immovable files and none was then shown as MFT files..

Another thing is that the placement is different from earlier versions

The recently used files used to be in the top of the window, but now this space is occupied by seldomly used files.

I have a couple of months ago asked IObit about what strategy they now use, but have still not gotten a comprehensive answer.

If it works (and it seems to do so) I do not mind terribly, but it would be nice to know the strategy behind the depiction, I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

A friend who I recommended SD to contacted me yesterday to say he was worried that SD3 was not working properly. When I ran SD3 on his machine running windows 8, we noted that when the disc was analysed that the map did not show MFT or Immovable files. This looked completely wrong.

I loaded SD 2.9 and ran it. When the disc was analysed the map showed the MFT and the Immovable files. I had to recommend to him that he use SD 2.9 and not to use SD3.

I am concerned that Iobit are moving to SD 4 already when it appears that SD3 is still not performing well.

Archived