Issue with Boot Defrag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Boot Defrag

Since upgrading to SD4 the Boot Defrag fails to detect my USB keyboard (Saitek Eclipse III).

It was fine with previous SD versions.

My BIOS POST screen states it has detected the keyboard.

Hi HanFox,

Which drive is your USB keyboard shown on your computer? C, D, or else?

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD4InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

It doesn't have a drive letter as it doesn't have any storage facilities.

As for the Debug Zip: http://puu.sh/hN0n3/d05a151dc8.zip

Comment

Hi there,

We have already noticed this issue, our technicists are trying to figure this out in future updates.

Thanks for your patience.
        IObit Support Team --
        If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation as well. At least users won't waste time thinking that this could be a PC issue.

Comment

My problem sounds just like his so I'm posting my info here:

Smart Defrag Free - Defrag and Fully Optimize ran fine on the C: drive (about 45 minutes). I then turned on Boot Time Defrag on the C: drive and Restarted the system.

I message appeared "Initializing keyboard". After less than a minute another message appeared "Unable to initialize keyboard, process will not continue". I'm guessing it may be because both the keyboard and the mouse are wireless so after sending this I'll try hooking up a wired keyboard.

I still have the wireless keyboard and mouse attached. I ran the TestDemo.exe and the zipped file is attached.

tadams61
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi tadams61,

Currently the issue cannot be solved, out product team will try to fix this in next version.

We appreciate your understanding.
              IObit Support Team --

Comment

Just as it's been a while since I first posted this (and I actually haven't even had a Windows installation again until the other day) I'd just like to state this issue still occurs for me on 4.2.1.817. Which is a shame.

It's hard to understand that it "cannot be solved" without an actual explanation as to why as, like I said earlier, it used to work before SD4.

Comment

HanFox,

Have you changed your keyboard ever before? Do you have a wireless keyboard? If not, could you please tell us your keyboard type?
                  IObit Support Team --

Comment

I have had this keyboard for about 8 years I think. It's a cabled USB Saitek (I guess it may also be known as Mad Catz) Eclipse III:
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saitek-Eclip.../dp/B001I45IDG

It really isn't anything special and as I said it worked fine with SD3.

Comment

Hi HanFox,

I have forwarded your situation to our product team for testing, hope it can be figured out and solved soon in next version.

We'd like to mentioned that the keyboard initialization failure will not affect disk defragmentation performance.

We appreciate your understanding.
                      IObit Support Team --

Comment

Hi there.....Im having the same problem with the "Initializing Keyboard Failure" message on boot defrag.....both wired and wireless keyboard have the same problem

Wired Keyboard ---> Logitech Media Keyboard K200 ( http://support.logitech.com/product/media-keyboard-k200 )

Wireless Keboard ---> Logitech Unifying Wireless Keyboard K230 ( http://support.logitech.com/product/...-keyboard-k230 )

Smart Defrag ---> 4.2.0.815
                        Thanks,
                        Jithin

Comment

Hi Jitzy_JT,

We are sorry for the situation. This issue will be optimized in next version of Smart Defrag.

We appreciate your understanding. :)
                          IObit Support Team --

Comment

The inability to recognize the keyboard prevents the boot time defrag facility from working at all. Until this is fixed we cannot use the boot time defrag feature at all.
                            Smart Defrag ---> 4.2.0.815

Comment

Is there an expected delivery date for the next version? According to this forum developers have been working on this issue for almost 5 months since May 15.

Comment

Working...
                              X