IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Vote For the UI of Smart Defrag v5

Cicely

Vote For the UI of Smart Defrag v5  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear All,

Smart Defrag v5 is on the way to see you all! |;-)

Of course, it will come out with a fresh new UI as usual. We have come up with three designs for the new UI.

Now, please help us choose the most popular interface, please vote for the one you prefer and give us your suggestions. You can Vote directly at the bottom of the post.:-)

Which one you prefer? Just vote for it!

1) Prefer to Design A

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n213203[/ATTACH]

2) Prefer to Design B

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n213204[/ATTACH]

3) Prefer to Design C

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n213205[/ATTACH]

Hi Cicely,

I strongly oppose ONLY automatic option!

Whichever skin is chosen, please DO NOT exclude choosing the preferred method of the manual defragmentation, i.e. the Smart Defrag button you mention should have an option for manually choosing the defrag method.

If Design B behaves only the way you mention, my choice will be anything but Design B.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi Scannan and enoskype,

:-(Sorry, it should be my stupid mistake in explaining the function. Our product team surely had considered the dropdown menu design into the new version.

This post is started for voting the most favorite UI for Smart Defrag rather than the functions. :)

What's more, I have an early news from our product manager that two new methods will be added according to concerns of our users.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

My 2 cents:

From this UI designer's point of view, the options are ok for the casual user who has a very simple setup. But it's very wasteful of display space, and for techs with systems hosting 4 or more partitions - and who are probably info-junkies, the L-R scrolling is a losing proposition. For us, it would be much better to show more information all at once, perhaps as in the Windows "Details" view with UI enhancement. So I would vote for a better balance toward function, with form to follow. As it is, it's "cutesy" more than it is useful.

As a classic instance, the graphic representing HDD or SSD is needlessly prominent. Could I recommend that instead (or at a mouseover or button push) an optional background task fill in a matrix representing a thumbnail analysis of each storage unit, perhaps with additional info re %full, %fragmented, file system type, smart health, internal/external et al listed near it?

And I notice that partitions that are connected but which have not been designated with a Letter, e.g. C, D, E, are not listed whatsoever.