IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag Free Version 5.4.0.998 will not update?

weaselboy

So, I updated my Free version of Smart Defrag to 5.4.0.998 and went ahead and ran a defrag on my system and it works great. Then about 2 weeks later I decided to do my monthly update checks for all of my housekeeping software, and for some reason, Smart Defrag simply keeps telling me that it "Failed to get update information. Please try again later"; I tried a total of 6 times and got the exact same response each time.

Is this:

1) Just a confusing method of saying "there is no update yet"

Or

2) Is it actually saying that it tried but failed to get to your update site and download the update

If it is the 1rst, you guys NEED to change the verbage in your user interface. And if it is the second, could someone tell me how to get an update for the program?

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem, as four times on different days my AVG has blocked installation of the free version stating that the "cecerone***" ? file contained a Trojan Horse virus. I deleted the download each time and then attempted a fresh download/install. Same result. I have Advanced System Care 10 Free on already, so I have used that to defrag. The AVG reacts so quickly, I can't read the complete file name or exact name of the Trojan Horse that it says the file contains.

Archived