IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How do I remove boot time Registry Defrag?

rs232

I think this issue started after the windows 8.1 to windows 10 upgrade (I think!)

Basically booting up Windows, just after the POST it occasionally get stuck at the IOBit boot time registry defrag.

I'm not looking to investigate the cause, I just would like to remove the boot time defrag but I can't find how.

I have re-installed smart defrag, remove any boot time option, but it still there!

Can I get any help on how to remove this manually?

Thanks

Hi rs232, Welcome to IObit Forum!:-)

Did you use <ESC> when it started to exit the boot time defrag?

Please give us the screenshot of the following :

1 . Settings, showing the General page.

2 . Main GUI, Boot Time Defrag tab page

What is your version of Smart Defrag? Is it the latest v5.4.0.998?

Cheers.

I had to re-install smart defrag for this, so I take it's the latest as per today.

Thanks for this (ESC) , but I'm asked about this every single boot my machine does and it's unwanted.

For some strange reason I'm unable to upload pictures to this post.... but it's all off under boot Time Defrag.

BTW This is the Registry Defrag I'm having an issue with and not the disk defrag.

As I can see from the settings registry defrag is a function of smart defrag indeed but it's now a pro function, where (I guess because it was set initially on an old version) this used to be a free function.

Hence unable to toggle the enable/disable.

Once again it is displayed as disabled but as far as I can see this is not the case. Regardless it's a broken function as it's gets stuck at the "system is restarting..."

Hello rs232,

Welcome to our forum. Sorry about the delayed reply.

The screenshot you took is the process of Registry Defrag in Advanced SystemCare. If you want to disable it, you can untick the checkbox of Registry Defrag on main screen of Advanced SystemCare.

Please feel free to contact us if any further question.

Have a good time.

Thank you for the tip. I did try to disable Registry Defrag from the main screen of Advanced System Care (Clean & Optomize) but had no effect, still defragging at boot time.

There's another "Registry Defrag" Icon but that's under "Toolbox" and if I run it, it defrags the registry while windows is running and there are no references to boot time defrag.

I'm still lost

Hello RS 232,

Could you please check if it is helpful to turn off Boot Time Defrag on Smart Defrag? Here is a screenshot for reference.

If it is still defrag at boot time, please take a photo of it so that we can see it clear which program it refers to.

Have a good time.

Archived