Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim command on old system

Hello,
    For some reasons, I have to use a ssd with XP and fat32. I use smart defrag 5 and it manually "trim" my fat32 partitions. It takes ages, about 10mn on a 30gb partition, but it seems to work. I don't care to wait such a long time (can do it once a week), the only thing I'd like to know is if it really works with my system (xp, fat32). Please don't don't tell to upgrade with windows 7,8.1,10 - not my question, sure you understand. Thank you

Hello muzungu,

Welcome to our forum.

Smart Defrag supports Windows XP and you can use it to care your disks no matter whether it is a SSD or HDD.

Please feel free to contact us if any further question.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Thank you. Actually I'm wondering if precisely Smart Defrag's Trim works with fat32 and if waiting 10 minutes with a non AHCI system is normal. Other software can trim with xp, manufacturer's toolboxes etc. Even with fat32, some claim to do that : O&ODefrag for example. But in their doc they stipulate that even a non AHCI system with xp can be trimmed, because of the minutes it takes, they consider it inacceptable. For me, it's very much acceptable, I don't care. So my question is, as mentionned above : Can you confirm Smart Defrag's manual Trim works with fat32 and with a non AHCI system, even if I have to wait minutes? Thank you for your specific answer. Best regards, muzungu.

Comment

Hello muzungu,

Smart Defrag supports trimming with fat32 and with a non AHCI system. Please try it to see if any issue. If there is any issue when trim, please let me know.

Cheers.
        IObit Support Team --
        If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Working...
        X