IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag 5.7.1 defragments extremely slow

debito

Haven't had any issues running SmartDefrag lately, but I have installed this version several times with the same result: The drive is analyzed, the defrag begins and then crawls to a halt. Occasionally it will move to another file, and these files are small (roughly the the size of word documents or smaller).

When checking task manager, sdproxy.exe is taking up alot of CPU usage. If the program is closed, the defrag finishes without defragmenting.

Suspected issue with sdproxy.exe

I have run full virus scans with Avast and MalwareBytes - no infections. I have run the SFC /scannow command and found no errors, I have checked my hard drive for errors and found none, passed a full hard drive diagnostic test with SeaTools, no failure. Reinstalled SmartDefrag several times with the same result.

Please fix this issue!

Also, to save time, here is my SD5InfoHelper log:

Hello debito,

Our engineer checked the logs you uploaded. There is nothing wrong with the program. The process of sdproxy is the brain when Smart Defrag defrags the fragmentations so it will occupy disk usage a little higher.

While the method Defrag and Prioritize Files is the slowest way to optimize the disk as it will rearrange those files on the disks.

Fast Defrag is a new way to optimize the disk quickly. You can have a try.

Cheers.

Still having the defrag speed issue with Fast Defrag. sdproxy still at high CPU usage. Also, Advanced Systemcare 11.1.0.196 has the same issue when fixing disk optimization issues. sdproxy runs with ASC and also has high CPU usage. All virus scans are clean. Hard drive still testing fine with hardware diagnostics, memory is fine, cpu is fine, motherboard tested fine, etc. Windows reports no problems with my windows install. Tried it with my Antivirus turned off, same thing - high CPU usage and slow defrag by sdproxy.

Hi debito,

Disk Optimization applies the same method to optimize disk as Smart Defrag. Optimizing disk is a complicate progress to optimize the reading and writing speed on disks. As a result, it will influence the usage of CPU.

Cheers.

Archived