IObit.Com Forums

IObit.Com Forums (http://forums.iobit.com/index.php)
-   Start Menu 8 (http://forums.iobit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   rtl120.bpl error on startup (http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=15045)

evilfantasy Feb. 12th, 2013 18:09

rtl120.bpl error on startup

Hi guys.

Every time I restart my computer I get an error saying rtl120.bpl is missing but that file is not missing.

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Start Menu 8\rtl.bpl

Any ideas?

Toppack Feb. 12th, 2013 19:04

Did you recently do a 'system-restore' to an earlier setup?
If so, I suggest Reinstalling the Menu program.

Note - It probably needs Reinstalling, no matter what the cause
since evidently the Registry can not find it

evilfantasy Feb. 12th, 2013 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toppack (Post 89852)
Did you recently do a 'system-restore' to an earlier setup?

No. The computer (HP Pavilion g7) is not even 2 months old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toppack (Post 89852)
Note - It probably needs Reinstalling, no matter what the cause since evidently the Registry can not find it

I have completely uninstalled Start Menu 8 and even searched for and deleted all leftover files/folders. Reinstalling didn't fix it.

This didn't happen until I updated to the most recent version of Start Menu 8. There was no error before then.

LaurenceJ Feb. 12th, 2013 22:10

Hi evilfantasy,

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilfantasy
I have completely uninstalled Start Menu 8 and even searched for and deleted all leftover files/folders. Reinstalling didn't fix it.

It wouldn't; because unless the related registry entries were also removed, then as Toppack mentioned, the registry would fail to find the file and, in this instance at least, report an error. However as to why a Start Menu 8 uninstallation, computer restart, and re-installation of (perhaps a fresh download of) Start Menu 8 does not work, perhaps points to something else.

In your initial post you said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilfantasy
Every time I restart my computer I get an error saying rtl120.bpl is missing but that file is not missing.

Upon the restart of your computer, when you get the error message, does it explicitly implicate Start Menu 8 as the culprit causing the error? Or simply state something along the line of "rtl120.bpl is missing" and provide no further info? (And I am assuming it is just a typo when you said you had looked but 'rtl.bpl' is not missing.)

And if the above is the case, then I wonder if another program, and not Start Menu 8, is causing the error. I just did a quick search on my Win8 OS and see that the file "rtl120.bpl" is installed under several IObit programs:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Start Menu 8
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Smart Defrag 2
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 6

(And that file "rtl120.bpl" is also installed under other non-IObit programs. . . .)

Has there been any changes to any other IObit programs on your Win8 install?

Doing a quick Google search, among 10's of 1000's results (which I read all thoroughly of course :!:), I find the following:
=================================
What will cause rtl120.bpl file error?

- rtl120.bpl file is missing as it has been deleted accidentally from your computer
- rtl120.bpl file is damaged by virus and your computer is unable to access to the file.
- rtl120.bpl related registry files is corrupt and obsolete.
- The program related to rtl120.bpl was uninstalled improperly.
- rtl120.bpl was overwritten by an older or corrupt version.
- Spyware/malware disguised itself as rtl120.bpl, and the original file was deleted by malicious spyware.
=================================

Also this: http://blog.iobit.com/rtl120-bpl_4581.html

And of course there is always the IObit Online Support form:
http://www.iobit.com/onlinefeedback.php

regards,
Laurence

evilfantasy Feb. 12th, 2013 22:12

Another thing I had forgotten. When I install Start Menu 8, upon restarting the computer, it "kills" Object Dock. I have to do the Repair option in the Object Dock settings to get it working again.

evilfantasy Feb. 12th, 2013 22:28

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenceJ (Post 89854)
Upon the restart of your computer, when you get the error message, does it explicitly implicate Start Menu 8 as the culprit causing the error?

(And I am assuming it is just a typo when you said you had looked but 'rtl.bpl' is not missing.)

Yes the error window directly states it's Start Menu 8.

Also yes. It's a typo. Should be rtl120.bpl

Quote:

And if the above is the case, then I wonder if another program, and not Start Menu 8, is causing the error. I just did a quick search on my Win8 OS and see that the file "rtl120.bpl" is installed under several IObit programs:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Start Menu 8
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Smart Defrag 2
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 6

(And that file "rtl120.bpl" is also installed under other non-IObit programs. . . .)

I did some digging myself and found that Advanced SystemCare 6 is also related to the error or that Advanced SystemCare 6 also includes that file. Since Start Menu 8 prompts us to install Advanced SystemCare 6 during the install process I went ahead and installed Advanced SystemCare 6 to see if it would clear the error but it did not help.

rtl120.bpl is in both of the program folders for Advanced SystemCare 6 and Start Menu 8 on my computer.

Quote:

Has there been any changes to any other IObit programs on your Win8 install?

No but as mentioned above after installing Start Menu 8 upon each restart Object Dock no longer works.

Quote:

Also this: http://blog.iobit.com/rtl120-bpl_4581.html

And of course there is always the IObit Online Support form:
http://www.iobit.com/onlinefeedback.php

The developers still visit the forums... right?

Melvin_Deal Feb. 12th, 2013 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilfantasy (Post 89850)
Hi guys.

Any ideas?

Hi evilfantasy... good to see you again! Reinstall the file from the below link to see if that solves. (it is a live link <confirmed>) :mrgreen: This particular Runtime file is incorporated into almost all Iobit softwares...

Did you see this post ?

Sincerely,
-Mel
Live long and prosper!

evilfantasy Feb. 13th, 2013 00:11

Hello. :-P:-P

Yea I saw that post. I was hoping this may be a known issue and see if a fix may be coming. The last thing I expect to do when installing software is start applying fixes to make it work! :shock:

Melvin_Deal Feb. 13th, 2013 01:03

P.S. Evilfantasy...

So it is fixed from the users point of view?

Did you find your recent login difficult or bothersome? There are chages made to this forum that affect all members here. (Including Admins, Mod, etc.)

Just wondering and asking.

Sincerely,
-Mel
live long and prosper!

evilfantasy Feb. 13th, 2013 01:05

Yep. At first I thought my account was locked or something. It was fairly painless though.