Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > IObit FREE Tools > IObit Uninstaller
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IObit Uninstaller Let's share the unique experience, magic techniques, howtos, solutions and everything of IObit Uninstaller.

Old Oct. 18th, 2011, 11:55

Question Uninstalling IObit Uninstaller

I need help uninstalling IObit Uninstaller v 1.1 and v 2.0.

How do I uninstall the programs?

Neither version of the program has a link in the user interface to complete the uninstall process. Actually, I can't find a link to the uninstall process anywhere in my system, such as in the Programs Menu. In addition, neither version is even listed with the programs that are installed on my computer in the Programs and Features part of the Windows Control Panel.

I perceive it as being very odd that a program designed to uninstall programs from a computer would not itself appear on the list of installed programs, and even more odd that it doesn't have an uninstall process of its own that is easily accessible. I could easily say more about what I believe this means in terms of the respect that a company has for its customers, and its possible intentions toward said customers, but I digress.

I want a simple way to uninstall these programs, which is a perfectly reasonable expectation.
Old Oct. 18th, 2011, 13:18
IObit Expert VIP

Yes, I was Wondering about that Also ?
What's Up? with that, IObit?

I think it is just one .exe file, in the IObit folder, that needs to be deleted, though.

Last edited by Toppack : Oct. 18th, 2011 at 13:26.
Old Oct. 18th, 2011, 13:54
Administrator

Hi Toppack
I think it is an application in several IObit folders and therefore not installed as a standalone which explains why it isn't listed in the uninstall list.
I was wondering though if one could uninstall it by using the forced uninstall in IObit uninstaller - that is to first uninstall version 1 by forced uninstall - advanced, using version 2 - and finally uninstall by forced uninstall the program you are using to uninstall.
Otherwise use another uninstaller to uninstall the applications in (hunter mode) advanced setting.
Cheers
solbjerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppack View Post
Yes, I was Wondering about that Also ?
What's Up? with that, IObit?

I think it is just one .exe file, in the IObit folder, that needs to be deleted, though.
Itemized subjects Table of content
In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
Clean Install concept Clean Install
Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines
Old Oct. 18th, 2011, 14:34

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by solbjerg View Post
Hi Toppack
I was wondering though if one could uninstall it by using the forced uninstall in IObit uninstaller - that is to first uninstall version 1 by forced uninstall - advanced, using version 2 - and finally uninstall by forced uninstall the program you are using to uninstall.
Otherwise use another uninstaller to uninstall the applications in (hunter mode) advanced setting.
Cheers
solbjerg
I'm not certain I understand exactly what you're suggesting with regard to using the forced uninstall. Are you suggesting that it might be possible to use the forced uninstall in the IObit program to uninstall the IObit program, and then use another uninstall program to uninstall any "leftovers?"

With regard to the last suggestion of using another uninstaller to uninstall the entire IObit application, I'm guessing that will probably work. However, I fear that the new uninstaller wouldn't have its own uninstall process either. If the new uninstaller doesn't have its own uninstall process, then I would have to install yet another uninstaller to uninstall the uninstaller again. If I end up having to do this, I'm contacting the company that makes the new uninstaller before downloading the program to make certain that the uninstaller has a dedicated uninstall process.

Does anyone else see the irony in needing to install an uninstaller in order to uninstall another uninstaller?
Old Oct. 18th, 2011, 15:37
Administrator

Hi Jason
If you want to uninstall the IObit program - then it can be found in the Add/Remove in the control panel.
If you want to only remove the application "IObit Uninstaller" I just thought that it might be possible to use one of the Uninstall applications from one of the programs - IMF (31.2 mb) for example to use in forced mode - which implies that you find the address of the file you want to uninstall and then proceed to do so.
I don't know if it will work, as I haven't tried it myself.
The application itself is part of the IMF program and the size is 1.44 Mb, to get not to see it one can just delete all shortcuts to it, I think.
Cheers
solbjerg
p.s. IObit uninstaller is not a standalone program as mentioned, it is an application in another IObit program and is consequently not shown among the programs available for uninstalling.
If you install an Uninstall program it will be registered as installed and therefore easy to uninstall again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMN View Post
I'm not certain I understand exactly what you're suggesting with regard to using the forced uninstall. Are you suggesting that it might be possible to use the forced uninstall in the IObit program to uninstall the IObit program, and then use another uninstall program to uninstall any "leftovers?"

With regard to the last suggestion of using another uninstaller to uninstall the entire IObit application, I'm guessing that will probably work. However, I fear that the new uninstaller wouldn't have its own uninstall process either. If the new uninstaller doesn't have its own uninstall process, then I would have to install yet another uninstaller to uninstall the uninstaller again. If I end up having to do this, I'm contacting the company that makes the new uninstaller before downloading the program to make certain that the uninstaller has a dedicated uninstall process.

Does anyone else see the irony in needing to install an uninstaller in order to uninstall another uninstaller?
Old Oct. 18th, 2011, 15:55

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by solbjerg View Post
Hi Jason
If you want to uninstall the IObit program - then it can be found in the Add/Remove in the control panel.
If you want to only remove the application "IObit Uninstaller" I just thought that it might be possible to use one of the Uninstall applications from one of the programs - IMF (31.2 mb) for example to use in forced mode - which implies that you find the address of the file you want to uninstall and then proceed to do so.
I don't know if it will work, as I haven't tried it myself.
The application itself is part of the IMF program and the size is 1.44 Mb, to get not to see it one can just delete all shortcuts to it, I think.
Cheers
solbjerg
I don't have the full IObit program, I just have the stand-alone application IObit Uninstaller v 1.1 and v 2.0, which I downloaded for free through CNET's download center. The application doesn't provide any additional features; it's simply an uninstaller, that's all.

I'm not familiar with the IMF program. Is that another IObit product? Are you saying that IMF has its own unique uninstaller application that has a forced uninstall feature that can be used to uninstall the stand-alone IObit Uninstaller.

Last edited by JasonMN : Oct. 18th, 2011 at 16:07.
Old Oct. 18th, 2011, 16:05
Administrator

Hi Jason
Ok, then you probably downloaded it as a zip file.
when you opened that you must have become a little non-plussed when it didn't install but just opened.
It is intended to be an application you carry around on a usb-stick to help friends uninstall some difficult to remove programs.
So I think you can just delete all references to it in your computer - but why not keep it on a usb-stick as intended?
Cheers
solbjerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMN View Post
I don't have the full IObit program, I just have the stand-alone application IObit Uninstaller v 1.1 and v 2.0, which I downloaded for free through CNET's download center. The application doesn't provide any additional features; it's simply an uninstaller, that's all.

As I stated in my original post, it isn't listed with the other programs in the Control Panel, so using the Add/Remove feature is not an option. That's one of the things I don't understand; why is it not listed with other programs in the Control Panel?
Old Jun. 28th, 2013, 19:13

Default removing Uninstaller

To get rid of iobit Uninstaller, go to 'computer', then 'program files', then 'iobit, then advancedsystemcare'. Then go down to where you see the Uninstaller logo, which should be 'suc10...' ( I'm not sure exactly what it says, as I have already deleted it from my computer). Select it, then hit 'organize', then 'delete'. That's all there is to it. I wrote iobit a nasty email about this. We should not have to jump through these hoops to delete a program. It's easier to delete a virus! I didn't intentionally download it, then it took forever to finally find a way to get rid of it.