Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > IObit Security Software > IObit Security Softwares General Discussions > IMF IObit Malware Fighter v1
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IMF IObit Malware Fighter v1 IObit Malware Fighter is an advanced malware & spyware removal utility that detects, removes the deepest infections, and protects your PC from various potential spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, and hijackers.

Old Nov. 10th, 2011, 16:33

Default Default Search Engine Setting in Chrome

I am running Chrome browser and desirous of using Google as the default search engine. However I believe the iobit app changes the default to Yahoo. Where do I change this inside of iobit so that it will protect and keep Google as my default serach engine inside of Chrome?
Old Nov. 10th, 2011, 18:06
IObit VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
I am running Chrome browser and desirous of using Google as the default search engine. However I believe the iobit app changes the default to Yahoo. Where do I change this inside of iobit so that it will protect and keep Google as my default serach engine inside of Chrome?
I am using Firefox with Google as my default search engine. When I try and switch the default search in Firefox to say Bing or Yahoo then IMF pops up and says something to the effect. "This could be a hijacking. Do you want to approve this change?"

If I recall correctly IMF has done the same thing when I have wanted to change my "Start Up" page in Firefox.

I have just clicked yes to allow when I wanted to allow it and the change was made. I don't recall if I got a similar pop-up message when I tried to manually return to the default, Search or Start-Up page.
Old Nov. 11th, 2011, 00:04

Thanks for your input but I am not any closer to the solution to this issue.
Old Nov. 11th, 2011, 00:27
Administrator

Hi ScottS
If you accepted to install Yahoo during the install you probably also accepted to use it as your default browser.
If you don't want it just uninstall it.
As for choosing Google as your default browser there are several ways to do that - but try first in the control panel and choose Internet setting and the tab General - Insert the Google address as the default browser
http://www.google.com and perhaps delete the rest of the possibilities you have if you want.
Cheers
solbjerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
Thanks for your input but I am not any closer to the solution to this issue.
Itemized subjects Table of content
In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
Clean Install concept Clean Install
Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines