Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > Smart Defrag > SD General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SD General Discussions Let's share the unique experience, magic techniques, howtos, solutions and everything of IObit SmartDefrag.

Old Feb. 29th, 2008, 23:32
Other Moderator

Hi mjvanderwerf,
The yellow in ISD GUI is the MFT (Master File Table).
Here is some info on MFT:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174619

samr.
Old Mar. 3rd, 2008, 10:33

Default Error report

As soon as I turn 10bit Smartdefrag on I get an error massage (see the attached report). Also the "send bug report" button fails.
Any thoughts.
Old Mar. 3rd, 2008, 14:26
Other Moderator

Hi sjp2548,
Are you running ISD on an administrator account? It will error as you described if it tries to run on limited user account.
samr.
Old Mar. 4th, 2008, 09:57

No, I am logged on as an administrator.
Old Mar. 5th, 2008, 02:13
Other Moderator

Hi sjp2548,
I think I would try an uninstall - CLEAN install as described in this thread. It is talking about AWC, but you can do the same for Smart Defrag. Be sure to download to desktop then right click on exe. file -properties- and remove any blocking, then clean up leftover reg. entries w/ CCleaner.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509

samr.
Old Mar. 6th, 2008, 12:56

Default Optimize

Quote:
Originally Posted by IObit Guy View Post
Hello

Thank you for writing back to us.

We appreciate your taking the time in providing us with the information.

Kindly write back to us and provide us with the following information so that we can further investigate this concern:

- Pictures of your trouble will be much helpful. If possible, please send some pictures to us for clearly investigation.

- Open program directory (Usually path: "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag"), and find a file named "bugreport.txt". Please send this file to us.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
In early days it was "Defrag and optimize".
Now it is only "Defrag"
What's the reason for this change ?
Greetings from The Netherlands,
MJ.
Old Mar. 6th, 2008, 13:18
Mediator®

Hi mjvanderwerf,

Please read the posts under this thread, and specifically #3.

Cheers.

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -
Old Mar. 10th, 2008, 03:10

Default Iobit: Hello??!

As a newbie to Iobit products and o this forum, I detect in the posts to this forum a general frustration with nonexistent or inadequate communication from Iobit on legitimate problems encountered with the software. I, too, have found instructions seriously lacking for the array of Iobit products, and most of it written in Chinglish, if not Greek, as suggested above, with emphasis on inadequate as well as arcane information e.g. in smart Defrag, smartRam. Where does one find insights into the Deep Clean feature in SmartRam--what does it do, i.e what types of files are deep cleaned and how might the process foul up a system? or, should a restore point be established,etc., etc.??, I suspect the answer the restore is yes,....., when to use it? etc. One is simply left to stumble through the arcane programming and cryptic comment with an unfounded hope that all will work well without problems, etc. I prefer to be skeptical that such is the case given past bad experiences with highly tested and proven software programs that tout wondrous outcomes just as does IObit. If there is a problem, as with Smart defrag, as queried above, how in H does one "please send some pictures to us for clearly (sic, Chinglish) investigation or... "How, exactly, does one "write back?". I have used the "Contact us " facility only to receive a slow reply that was unintelligible, irrelevant/off-target and a colossal waste of time and resources on both ends. OK, so what to do about all this? We need to find a way to get the various "messages" above to reach and be understood by Iobit, and acknowledged intelligently. Does anyone have any ideas about how to accomplish all this? It would nice to think Iobit geeks could assist the effort, but apparently they don't even monitor their own forum. So, we are left to cast about aimlessly in a major guessing game without cogent support including inability to understand the gist of this message..... I am sorry this has turned so negative, but it does reflect some level of confidence that the products are good, otherwise I wouldn't care so much. I'd simply like to know more about them via web or within the software. I have not encountered such a situation with other software companies and that further adds to my frustration. Constructive thoughts will be welcome. Stepping down from soapbox here..end of rambling....
Old Apr. 1st, 2008, 20:43

Default Doesn't defrag D drive when box checked ?

Doesn't defrag D drive when box checked ? Defrags C drive excellent.
Old May. 27th, 2008, 18:15

how to report bugs or something if theres no bug report file???

Sometimes SmartDefrag crashes i don't see any file in that folder