Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > Advanced SystemCare > ASC General Discussions > Advanced SystemCare v5
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced SystemCare v5 #1 system utility in the world is released!

Old Mar. 11th, 2012, 00:40

Question PC Health Results Differ By User

Using Win 7 with free version 5 of advanced system care. Have multiple win 7 users, and I notice I get different PC Health results depending on which user I am logged in as. For example, One user sees "Good" and I switch users and get "Poor". Why would the PC Health be different for each user? Thanks!
Old Mar. 11th, 2012, 08:27
Mediator®

Hi dglsmason, welcome to IObit Forum!

Different profiles (users) in a PC performs differently, so it is normal.

Cheers.

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -
Old Mar. 11th, 2012, 08:31
Administrator

Hi dglmason
Do you know at what time/date you ran a scan for each of the users?
I think the date parameter is an important parameter in deciding what state the "health" is in and my guess is that each "user" has a record of the latest scans. Are all your users administrators too?
Cheers
solbjerg

Ok, enoskype - you had already answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglsmason View Post
Using Win 7 with free version 5 of advanced system care. Have multiple win 7 users, and I notice I get different PC Health results depending on which user I am logged in as. For example, One user sees "Good" and I switch users and get "Poor". Why would the PC Health be different for each user? Thanks!
Itemized subjects Table of content
In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
Clean Install concept Clean Install
Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines
Old Mar. 11th, 2012, 14:35

Default PC Health Results

Appreciate the replies. However, I still have doubts about the accuracy of the PC Health results due to the different results per user. Even with users with admin rights and no windows configuration setting differences, I see "Good" for one user and "Poor" for the other. This happens even immediately after running Deep Care for one user.

I understand it may be caused by each user having own "log" or history. But, it leads me to seriously doubt the accuracy because I would expect the results to accurately reflect health of PC, most, if not all, of which is not user specific. For example, disk defrag, malware, etc.
Old Mar. 11th, 2012, 16:50
Administrator

Hi dglsmason
Another "important" parameter the health status relay on may be Privacy and Junk cleaning which will have different results for each user I suppose.
Are you really checking all the users on your machine all the time?
But I still think that the time/date is a very important parameter.
At least I have experienced it to tell me that I needed to run a quick clean or a Deep clean even though the computer had been closed for a week and not been in use in all that time. That to my mind tells me that it relayed on the date to give me that assessment.
Cheers
solbjerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglsmason View Post
Appreciate the replies. However, I still have doubts about the accuracy of the PC Health results due to the different results per user. Even with users with admin rights and no windows configuration setting differences, I see "Good" for one user and "Poor" for the other. This happens even immediately after running Deep Care for one user.

I understand it may be caused by each user having own "log" or history. But, it leads me to seriously doubt the accuracy because I would expect the results to accurately reflect health of PC, most, if not all, of which is not user specific. For example, disk defrag, malware, etc.
Itemized subjects Table of content
In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
Clean Install concept Clean Install
Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines
Old Mar. 11th, 2012, 17:05
IObit Expert VIP

Yes, there are a few of the utilities that are System specific, like 'Vulnerability-fix' and 'Disk defrag',
but Most of them ARE User specific.

It seems to me that Too many people tend to rely on the 'Good/Poor' indicator.
It's Only supposed to be a Generalized Indicator, Not an extremely accurate one.

Last edited by Toppack : Mar. 11th, 2012 at 17:14.
Old Mar. 12th, 2012, 00:48
Malware Advisor Moderator

Default Hi all.

Agreed Toppack! One of the parameters the system health gadget seems to consider is the amount of time since you utilized ASC. In my opinion, this could encourage overuse of the product... especially the registry repair function.

Sincerely,
-Mel
Live long and prosper!