Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > Advanced SystemCare > ASC General Discussions > Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus Advanced SystemCare + anti-virus scanning and fixing, and real-time protection.

Old Apr. 29th, 2012, 08:53

Smile Do I need to keep both programs?

I am a retired computer network engineer, used to maintaining large systems and will post an evaluation of this new Beta in a couple of days. So far in the main I like what I see, but have a quick question. Does the new Advanced System Care with Antivirus cover all the computers needs? Or should I keep I0 Bit Malware Fighter on my computer as well?
Old Apr. 29th, 2012, 09:03
IObit Golden Fan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevar 239 View Post
I am a retired computer network engineer, used to maintaining large systems and will post an evaluation of this new Beta in a couple of days. So far in the main I like what I see, but have a quick question. Does the new Advanced System Care with Antivirus cover all the computers needs? Or should I keep I0 Bit Malware Fighter on my computer as well?
IObit said that Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2012 uses "Award winning" Bitdefender's engine and IObit Malware fighter engine so i would say you don't need IMF if you have ASC with antivirus
Old Apr. 30th, 2012, 00:55

Default Is Malware Fighter engine included???

Iobit could do with being clearer.

At present they have Advanced SystemCare (which apparently cleans malware itself) yet they still try to sell you Malware Fighter as a separate license. Now they are adding ASC with Anti-Virus and still no clarity as to why we need a separate Malware Fighter.

This is all getting rather bitty, may be that why they're called iobit? Which bits and in and which bits are out or are you supposed to guess???

Last edited by ffireblade : Apr. 30th, 2012 at 15:49.
Old Apr. 30th, 2012, 11:09
Mediator®

IMHO, IMF engine existed even in plain ASC for the malware scan/removal. IMF was/is using a Database file updated 2 times a week which was/is not the same as used by ASC with IObit's Cloud technology.

Engine defines the used algorithm in a way, but not the content and scope.

So, I personally use both ASC w/AV and IMF PRO together.

Cheers.

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -
Old Apr. 30th, 2012, 16:20

Default Do we need a separate Malware Fighter???

I appreciate the response, although it does rather confirm the concern people have raised. The user expects any malware or anti-virus tool for that matter, to be fully up to date i.e. for it to do what it does.

Users don't expect to have to require to delve into a comparison of the carefully worded 'content and scope' of separate versions. At the end of the day the users trust Iobit and buy their product because they want to avoid hassle with malware and viruses.

To be fair, this is the exact goodwill that Iobit trades on. If it were not so then Iobit would happily state across the front of their utilities, this utility may be days out of date and it's scope won't stop A, B or C in any case - but we will sell you a separate license to cover those.

I think where all this is going, is that users want a single well integrated utility for which they buy one license and it does the job. This is what all of the big name anti-virus firms have done.

If a user specifically does NOT need all the features (i.e. tuning, anti-virus, anti-malware etc.) included then they should be able to switch those 'off' or better still not install them in the first place. That way the product can be really comprehensive, without the need for it to become unduly bloated.

The user can install and leave it to do the job they bought it for.

Last edited by ffireblade : Apr. 30th, 2012 at 16:33.
Old Apr. 30th, 2012, 17:45
Administrator

Hi ffireblade
To my knowledge the program is still in beta testing release?
I also voted for separate program i.e. IObit antivirus as one program and then the others, but apparently most people want an all-in-one solution.
Cheers
solbjerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffireblade View Post
I appreciate the response, although it does rather confirm the concern people have raised. The user expects any malware or anti-virus tool for that matter, to be fully up to date i.e. for it to do what it does.

Users don't expect to have to require to delve into a comparison of the carefully worded 'content and scope' of separate versions. At the end of the day the users trust Iobit and buy their product because they want to avoid hassle with malware and viruses.

To be fair, this is the exact goodwill that Iobit trades on. If it were not so then Iobit would happily state across the front of their utilities, this utility may be days out of date and it's scope won't stop A, B or C in any case - but we will sell you a separate license to cover those.

I think where all this is going, is that users want a single well integrated utility for which they buy one license and it does the job. This is what all of the big name anti-virus firms have done.

If a user specifically does NOT need all the features (i.e. tuning, anti-virus, anti-malware etc.) included then they should be able to switch those 'off' or better still not install them in the first place. That way the product can be really comprehensive, without the need for it to become unduly bloated.

The user can install and leave it to do the job they bought it for.
Itemized subjects Table of content
In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
Clean Install concept Clean Install
Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines
Old May. 1st, 2012, 02:15
Malware Advisor Moderator

I also voted for the stand alone A/V for several reasons including marketing. I believe it is not possible for one producer to provide solutions for everyone everywhere... none ever has. The all-in-one will allways have weakness, no matter how good it is. Just look at world history!

Sincerely,
-Mel
Live long and prosper!

Old May. 1st, 2012, 14:30

Default Two seperate programs

Okay I understand all that has been posted here. also that Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus is a Beta, but that does not mean that I0 bit, cannot make a simple statement as to whether Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus does or does not need Malware Fighter Pro working alongside it for total protection.

Instead they say remove all other Antivirus programs, but are very cagey about stating whether Malware Fighter Pro constitutes an Antivirus program as far as Advanced SystemCare is concerned.

This is important because if I use Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus along side Malware fighter Pro, how do I or they Know which program is actually doing the Job. That is unless they want me to set both programs to manual and check one against another.

Come on I0 Bit if you want us to run a Beta lets have some clear instructions here!
Old May. 1st, 2012, 14:44
Mediator®

Quote:
Instead they say remove all other Antivirus programs, but are very cagey about stating whether Malware Fighter Pro constitutes an Antivirus program as far as Advanced SystemCare is concerned.
Hi Aevar 239,

Someone from IObit should respond to your first request, but concerning your above quote, IObit has many times stated, suggested, advised that IMF PRO is not an antivirus program and it should be used accompanying an Antivirus program.
As far as Advanced SystemCare is concerned IMF PRO does not constitute an Antivirus program.

Cheers.

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -
Old May. 1st, 2012, 16:00
IObit Expert VIP

Quote:
Come on I0 Bit if you want us to run a Beta lets have some clear instructions here!
I agree, but that has always been a problem, with most security programs.
In most cases, developers just make blanket statements, to avoid possible conflects and problems.
It's also difficult to even get accurate lists if what types they are blocking.

Since most security programs do Not block all types of malware,
I still feel that two programs, running at the same time, is a safe way to operate.
If some malware program will Not allow that, then I do Not use it.

Since there are so Many types of malware, one program usually can Not block everything, all the time.

Of course, if the program is not Updated regularly ( about weekly) also, then it is Useless.

Last edited by Toppack : May. 1st, 2012 at 20:46.