Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > Advanced SystemCare > ASC General Discussions > Advanced SystemCare v5
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced SystemCare v5 #1 system utility in the world is released!

Old Oct. 11th, 2012, 22:31
Malware Advisor Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylofgren View Post
I do not know what IMF is. Try this, I added the log files as a .zip.
IMF is Iobit MalwareFighter.

Sincerely,
-Mel
Live long and prosper!

Old Oct. 11th, 2012, 22:34

Default Communications to IObit support, regarding this failure:

Some additional, and perhaps quite relevant information relating to this failure was not posted in this thread, but rather resided in email communications sent to the IObit support team. The following are messages I sent, the content of the communications received (from IObit,) have been removed at their indication.

A member of the IObit support staff recommended following the procedure at http://productforums.google.com/foru...U/5a15RAm-zKoJ.

My reply, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 4:35 AM:

I did so, I downloaded the installer file ChromeStandaloneSetup.exe, a 29.2 MB file and began installation. A message appeared "Google Chrome installer is initializing. Please wait." Then "Connecting to the internet," followed by "Waiting to download Google Chrome," followed by "The download failed."
I appreciate your gesture, however this failure encountered unfortunately still is not yet resolved. Also, upon trying to install other browsers from CNet a similar failure is encountered (See screen shot 3.) Most browsers available on CNet have an initial, small installer file which, once downloaded and selected begins to download the remaining components. One or two however, downloaded the entire browser in one instance, instead of the aforementioned two step process. One of these was a browser called 'Maxthon 3.' Although successfully installed, the browser itself seems unable to access the internet, and every attempt to load a page (such as http://google.com) fails to the error "Access Denied" (see screen shot 4.)

Communication to IObit support staff, 11 October 2012 08:37, Andy Lofgren wrote:

I am sorry to say, that your "Advanced System Care 5" application has been extremely problematic. Not only has it caused a serious problem with my Windows XP operating system, it appears that your "Advanced System Care 5" application may also have derailed the one hope I may have had, to get this problem straightened out.

I was unable to use the System Restore functionality, due to insufficient free disk space (my drive had only about 150 MB free or so.) I right-clicked the C: drive and selected "Disk Clean," perhaps naively thinking this was just going to activate the ordinary "Disk Cleanup" function, or perhaps an identical process. In the course of "cleaning" my disk, it looks like your "Advanced System Care 5" application decided to create some extra disk space by removing the backup data associated with System Restore. Now, thanks to your "Advanced System Care 5" seemingly extending me the "courtesy" of some extra disk space at the expense of my System Restore functionality, the original reason for which I ran this "Disk Clean" operation to begin with is now defeated. Thanks "Advanced System Care 5," for extending me this courtesy.

So, what do you have to say about your "Advanced System Care 5" removing my restore points as part of its "Disk Clean" operation? This is quite troubling. Now, System Restore indicates that "There currently are no restore points available." What do you have to say about this? Might it be possible to recover this System Restore data, which appears to have been discarded by your "Disk Clean" operation? I of course, am in the unfortunate position of having been impacted negatively by your software, and would definitely appreciate a resolution should one be possible.

-Andy Lofgren

A member of the IObit support staff recommended uninstalling / reinstalling Google Chrome.

My reply to IObit, Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:31 AM:

Uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome was the very first course of action I attempted, when problems were first encountered. As indicated however, since uninstalling Google Chrome I have been unable to reinstall it. Google Chrome is not currently installed on my operating system. As indicated, it was my speculation that System Restore might present the only hope my operating system may have, to recover. Unfortunately however (as described earlier,) your "Disk Clean" function, courtesy of our "Advanced System Care 5" application, decided to eliminate all of my restore points. Is there a way to recover this System Restore data such that I may make use of this functionality, which our "Advanced System Care 5" so unfortunately, decided to eliminate?

Thank you for your suggestion here, but again I have already attempted a basic uninstall / reinstall. This failure seems to be relatively serious, and is affecting not just Google Chrome but also numerous other browsers as well. I had Comodo Dragon installed on my computer, and it was working yesterday; that is, until I downloaded and installed the updated version, and it is now unable to access the internet. Firefox, Chromium, Comodo, Maxthon, SlimBrowser and Sleipnir are all installed, but cannot access the internet. Numerous other browsers could not even be installed because they couldn't connect to the internet to download necessary components during the installation process. Internet Explorer, Lunascape and AOL are the only browsers I have installed, that are currently able to access the internet. Based on my recent experience with Comodo, I think it is likely these browsers could be affected as well, in the event they download an update.
What is the next course of action you recommend?

-Andy Lofgren
Old Oct. 11th, 2012, 22:41

Default Hi Andy!

I never ran XP, but have you checked the internet options in it to see if there is anything amiss there?

Sincerely,
-Mel
Live long and prosper!

Old Oct. 11th, 2012, 22:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrd01 View Post
Hi Andy,
Had a quick browse at your logs,
the last log (6K) i think holds the clue, its deleting chrome registry entries,
what settings did you use for the registry clean up
from this i suspect someone more learned with provide you with an answer.

Please could you update your user CP,
you seem to be running Norton and Comodo,
there are a number of recent log entries for them.

I also think you should look at the Malware removal section am i infected guidelines. there was a major infection on your pc previously.

Roy
For the registry cleanup I used the preselected (default) settings, and I think all the boxes were likely checked. What is "user CP?" Is there any significance associated with Norton and Comodo? If the problem is with the registry, what is the solution for it?
Old Oct. 11th, 2012, 22:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin_Deal View Post
I never ran XP, but have you checked the internet options in it to see if there is anything amiss there?

Sincerely,
-Mel
Live long and prosper!
"Internet Options," from what I understand are directly applicable to Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is able to access the internet on my laptop. Also I have not changed any "internet" settings, and this failure began after downloading an update to Advanced System Care 5, and then running a few scans.
Old Oct. 11th, 2012, 22:47

Default Hi Andy.

Quote:
What is "user CP?"
This is your User Control Panel containing your forum profile. It is located at the far right of the Forum, near the top .

Sincerely,
-Mel
Live long and prosper!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	user Cp.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	10574  

Old Oct. 11th, 2012, 22:51
IObit VIP

Default free space

HI again,
GOOODY more info.

I only had 150mb free space.
This by itself causes major problems as there is not enough room on the drive to complete a number of function many of which write large temp files to transfer data.

Your restore points are still there i saw THEM, more than 1, in your logs.

You will need to delete some data/programmes so that you can do a system restore

Comodo firewall might not be allowing access is it marked as trusted

Last edited by scrd01 : Oct. 11th, 2012 at 22:55.
Old Oct. 11th, 2012, 23:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin_Deal View Post
This is your User Control Panel containing your forum profile. It is located at the far right of the Forum, near the top .

Sincerely,
-Mel
Live long and prosper!

What happened to that post about needing assistance with xcopy? I understand it was moved to become its own thread, however I am not seeing it in my User CP. Perhaps you could provide the link for it?
Old Oct. 11th, 2012, 23:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrd01 View Post
Your restore points are still there i saw THEM, more than 1, in your logs.
Although one or more of the logs may indicate this, I am afraid that System Restore tells a different story... At least, it did a couple days ago. Upon checking it now I have two restore points, one today, and one from yesterday. All prior restore points are gone.
Old Oct. 11th, 2012, 23:13

Default Hi Andy.

If you click on your member name on any of your posts and select the option to "find all posts", you can scroll through them and find it. It is now located in the "other softwares" section.

Here is a direct link to it.

Sincerely,
-Mel
Live long and prosper!