Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > Game Booster > Game Booster v3 & Razer Game Booster
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Game Booster v3 & Razer Game Booster Turn slow PC into a fast gaming box!

Old Dec. 4th, 2012, 02:34

Default I want the old gamebooster, this razer one sucks...

So i decided to jump in and download the new razer GB, first impressions are, its very irritating.

1. You have to have a synaps account with razer, luckily i already do but i absolutely hate synaps, and razer for that fact, but i wont go into detail.

2. Why cant i launch GB without loading a game? often times ill boost my pc just because it runs faster if im not using all my other programs, and ill open/close games as i please. This must change.

Where can i re download the beta of GB3, this razer one needs a lot of work before ill support it.
Old Dec. 4th, 2012, 02:38

found GB3.5 beta on another website, installed, razer gone.
Old Dec. 4th, 2012, 05:51

Gonna Tell us what the URL is?
Old Dec. 4th, 2012, 12:05
IObit VIP

Just Google it, it's easy to find Game Booster 3.5 beta.
I agree, I also like the 3.5 beta much better than the Razer version.
The old beta has many more functions.
I also agree, I want the ability to run GB3 without launching a game. I just can't understand why Razer removed this. I won't use the Razer version because of this.
Old Dec. 11th, 2012, 01:30

Hey.. I made an account just to post on this thread. I have to say, I 100% agree. I have used Gamebooster for a long long time, ever since the vastly different original beta versions. This new direction is completely crap. Personally, I like Razer. But requiring a login just to use a utility for shutting down background programs? Then restricting WHEN you use it?

This is just very poor judgement. The only thing I can figure with the "login", is that it's wanting to track information on individuals for data mining. You should know that this kind of underhanded practice is what gives companies a bad name.

Back to 3.5 Beta with me. Personally I liked version 1 and 2 better, but hoping that 3 would improve and be less about bloat and "pro features" I continued to use it. But I suppose now I will have to look into something else.
---
TL;DR: I like the idea of Gamebooster but forced logins, bloatware, and loss of functionality (only running when you run a game) is a deal breaker. Going back to 3.5 Beta 'till I find a better alternative. From a computer security standpoint, I recommend that you do too.

EDIT: Turns out 3.5 Beta is just as bad (was using 3.1 before). Configured and ran it once.. only to find out it had re-enabled some of my system settings such as automatic updates. @#$! that. Uninstalled. Not impressed at all Iobit.

Last edited by Mechanos : Dec. 11th, 2012 at 02:18.
Old Dec. 11th, 2012, 12:07
IObit VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanos View Post
EDIT: Turns out 3.5 Beta is just as bad (was using 3.1 before). Configured and ran it once.. only to find out it had re-enabled some of my system settings such as automatic updates. @#$! that. Uninstalled. Not impressed at all Iobit.
Don't blame GB3.5 beta for this. You had your settings set to turn off automatic updates when you ran the boost. Because you already had it turned off, GB3 turned it back on as it should have done.
By simply unchecking this (checked by default), this would not have happened.

I agree with your comments about the new Razer version. I would guess that they are requiring registration in hopes of selling their other Razer stuff.

Last edited by masterblaster : Dec. 11th, 2012 at 15:15.
Old Dec. 18th, 2012, 20:13

Default where can i get he old version

i have couple machines i play same game on This version razor is stupid.

i have to make up fake emails acounts to use it on more than 1 machine

I have to be loged in to use it but like to play some games offline

i want to run multiple copies of the same game but using razor is a pain for this.

Make a simple 1 button app that just has game mode or work mode

get rid of all this other crap dont need video doont need extra task running while game is.

the tools to defrag the game and load drivers are nice and could just as well be a seperate app to save memory.

you made it to complicated when it just needs 1 button
Old Dec. 19th, 2012, 07:28
IObit Support

Hi blade,

We are sorry to hear that.

I have written down your concern and will let our program team know for consideration.

If you are not satisfied with Razer Game Booster, you can download Game Booster v3.4 from here.

Thank you.
Old Dec. 19th, 2012, 22:10

Thumbs down NOT happy with the Razer Version

Not happy for several reasons-
The Launch button inside the RGB window only works sometimes so I'm having to right click launch buttons elsewhere & manually tell it to "Run with Razer Game Booster" & even then it Boosts the game & immediately Unboosts it, often:(
RGB locks all of the in-game Web links for Customer Support, News, Account Management & Forums when boosted & gives me "Untitled" browser windows that do not load. I'm having to keep a separate unboosted Launch Window up in order to access the ones on my launch & log-in screens.
For on-the-spot in-game issues where I need to access a Customer Support link with the game up and running I have to manually unboost the game without exiting & hope the game doesn't crash or freeze :(
I have to keep a boosted game launch up in the background in order to use the boost features in games that are launched & played solely on the Internet.
When Dual boxing multiple game accounts or having multiple games running, exiting one game or account causes RGB to unboost the still active game(s) or if I have "Restore to Normal Mode when game is over" unchecked the active game still lags, crashes or freezes.
Not happy with the very tiny font size in the RGB window or the poor visual contrast the Interface offers. There is NO option to increase the size of the RGB window either which would at least scale up the size of the font. The only way I can read the options is by moving my monitor to 6" from my nose.
I really dislike not being able to submit the various processes to find out more about them individually.
I don't feel being required to be logged onto the internet when I want to boost a game that does NOT require the internet, to be at all reasonable or user friendly :(
IObit Game Booster worked... easy to see, easy to configure, didn't require a log-in, didn't require a Game to be running, never ever locked me out of in-game web links, always ran when I told it to & did not cause more game issues than it fixed.

Last edited by Catitude : Dec. 19th, 2012 at 22:20.
Old Dec. 20th, 2012, 15:22
IObit VIP

I agree with most of the above comments. GB 3.5 beta basically worked well and had the functionality I wanted. Great program.
RGB seemed to have stripped out a lot of the functionality I liked, rendering it unusable for me.