Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > Smart Defrag > SD General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SD General Discussions Let's share the unique experience, magic techniques, howtos, solutions and everything of IObit SmartDefrag.

Old Mar. 25th, 2009, 15:37

Question Fast vs. Deep Optimize

I had noticed in the past that the 'Deep Optimize' function run much quicker than expected in version 1.11.

Well today, I tried the 'Fast Optimize' option and it seemed to be going much slower. I let it run for about 10 minutes and noticed that it said there was about 45 minutes remaining. So just on a hunch, I stopped that scan and immediately ran a Deep Optimize. After scanning the drive for a few seconds, the remaining time left on that function was 26 minutes.

So do you think there might be a chance that these two functions got switched in the dropdown menu?
Old Mar. 25th, 2009, 15:53
Administrator

Arrow Timer Has Bug

Hi exostencil-I doubt that is the case.However I can tell you that the timer has no relative bearing on when the program will finish running.This problem has been addressed in the forum,and I believe IObit is looking into it.Usually,when the timer indicates @20 minutes left,it finishes in @ seven-at least in my case.And yes,a deep optimize should take longer to run irrespective of what the timer is indicating.Go ahead and run the deep optimize feature and you'll see what I mean about the timer.
Old Mar. 25th, 2009, 17:12

Hi detailer-

I let the Deep Optimize finish and it took just over nine minutes to finish. Sad thing is that there really isn't any way to do a side by side comparison of the two modes to test my hair-brained theory. (unless you make an exact duplicate of a one hard drive and file structure)

Oh well, it was just a thought.