Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > IObit Security Software > IObit Security Softwares General Discussions > Free Anti-Malware Test > Test & Vote ----[Test is over]
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Test & Vote ----[Test is over] Let's share your tests and reports, and others can vote whose is the best one.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old Oct. 5th, 2009, 15:39

Default [2.Bi-Weekly]IObit Security 360 vs SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition vs Spyware Doctor

Scanning Speed Comparison

Date

Environment
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP3
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
RAM: 1 GB
Hard Disk: Two Partitions, Total Size 250 GB, Free 81 GB

I tested only the scanning speed of the applications, because I didn't have any malware samples. All of the compared were free versions, all were up to their latest core versions and all were at the same environment conditions.

3. Spyware Doctor

Spyware Doctor's version is 6.1.0.448. The Intelli-scan took 3 minutes and 47 seconds and the Full scan took 1 hour, 2 minutes and 31 seconds to complete.

2. SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

SUPERAntiSpyware is version 4.29.1002. It's Quick scan finished in 18 minutes and 15 seconds and the Complete scan finished for 35 minutes and 16 seconds.

1. IObit Security 360

IObit's Security 360 is also to it's latest version - 1.01. The Smart scan was a little slower than PC Tools' product - 4 minutes and 52 seconds, but the Full scan was again the fastest of all - 16 minutes and 56 seconds.

Note: At the end of both Spyware Doctor's scans, I got a message, which was urging me to buy it. The message was telling me that the trial version only finds infections, but to disinfect them I should buy the full version. So I guess that Spyware Doctor is out of the freeware race, which means that Security 360 wins again.

Best Wishes,
Rado Markov

Last edited by rado_markov : Oct. 5th, 2009 at 15:41.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: