Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > Advanced SystemCare > ASC General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ASC General Discussions Let's share the unique experience, magic techniques, howtos, solutions and everything of Advanced SystemCare.

Old May. 14th, 2010, 02:32

Default Why Norton ask users to uninstall Advanced Systemcare?

I am Michael, a software engineer and also a loyal user of Advacned Systemcare. This is my first post.

When I updated my Norton 360 the anti-virus forced me to uninstall my pro version of Advanced Systemcare said that there is an Application Compatibility problem between the two products. I had let it done by Norton with the result that the ASC software was uninstalled. I have been running Advanced Systemcare and Symantec 360 V3 without any problems before Norton update. Actually, I renewed Adavanced Systemcare Pro V3 in Feb.2010 and I still have 9 months left. So I emailed Iobit support for help and asked whether they are aware of this issue. They did help me get my ASC PRO back and told me that they were contacting Symantec to solve this issue as there was no compatible issue. They also suggested me contact Norton support directly for the reason why Norton would require this.

I googled on internet and found this discussion in the Norton community.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norto...ighlight/false

After viewing this post, I thought the reason Norton gave is ridiculous. I have been a system care user for nearly two years. I know what it does. It cares my PC and makes it run fast. It's not a security program, it's a system maintenance product. Why Norton would define it as a security product and said there is compatible issue while there is not.

I emailed Norton support and got the same explanations:

I thought this is not the truth. Why would Norton ask users to uninstall a system tool and claim that it's a security product?

I came into the thought that this might be a strategy Norton adopted to take up the market of Advanced Systemcare as ASC has a good popularity in system maintenance market. Why such a big company deliberately bullies a small company which is so welcomed by customers?

Let's do something to help Iobit;
1) Contact Symantec directly through the following link and ask them to fix this issue.
http://www.symantec.com/norton/suppo...ct.jsp?pvid=cs
2) Spread this post on the Internet.
3) Send an email about this to the press you know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nornorton 360 v4.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	5174  Click image for larger version

Name:	Norton Support1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	5175  

Last edited by Michael2010 : May. 14th, 2010 at 05:23.
Old May. 14th, 2010, 06:41
Administrator

Thumbs up Thank Michael2010 !

Dear All,

This is IObit Guy from IObit.

Recently, we have received thousands of complaints from our users stating that Advanced SystemCare 3 has compatibility issues with Norton Internet Security 2010 and Norton 360 V4. Namely, both Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 V4 require uninstalling Advanced SystemCare 3 during their installation process.

According to our iterative and serious tests and feedback from millions of users, there is absolutely no compatibility problem!

Thus we started contacting Symantec on the issue. For the past few months we have been actively contacting Symantec and asking them to resolve this issue. However, they refused to fix it by telling us that this issue lies in both programs use real-time protection for spyware, virus and etc, and their engineering department has designed it that way on purpose. We explained to them that Advanced SystemCare 3 is only a system utility to diagnose and optimize Windows and there is no real-time security protection or monitoring in Advanced SystemCare 3. Still they refused to correct it without any solid evidence of their claims except repeating this untenable excuse.

IObit is a young and small Internet company, who keeps making high-quality and popular software for Internet users. We value every userís rights and benefits and we donít want to cause any trouble. IObit really wants this issue to be addressed by both parties, and we are doing our part. We want the giant corporation Symantec to fix this issue or else we have the reason to doubt that Symantec is taking unfair competition strategy to beat their they-believe-to-be competitors.

We always believe that Internet support fairness and justice, no matter you are a big company or a very small one. Thus we really need every Internet user's attention and support now!

Thanks so much for your help in advance.
Old May. 14th, 2010, 08:13

Thumbs down

Security 360...maybe...but this?
They should swallow their pride and get it fixed...
Old May. 14th, 2010, 10:21

Default Norton's v Iobit

I have an old computer, been working with it for years, and keep it clean and updated. Clearly I don't know much. However, having updatde Norton's recentlly, have not had any interference with IObit, along the way. They seem to be working ok together, thus far.
Old May. 14th, 2010, 14:47

Default Norton Bullies

When I renewed my Norton 360 it said the same thing. I just uninstalled AWC myself, then reinstalled it after Norton was finished. I have been using both with no problems.
Old May. 14th, 2010, 15:24

Smile Norton Security 2010

Just read the above. Thanks for this 'headsup". I am the chap with F-Secure security Suite ( which is a 'free-bee' from my IS provider). Since I am not too happy with F-Secure as it seems to slow down my PC, I was about to buy Norton Security 2010 at the recommendation of the IT guys at Future Shop..will stop that idea until there is a resolution between the software Co.'s! One sale lost.

gkn
Old May. 14th, 2010, 15:30
Mediatorģ

Default Bullying tactics of Symantec.

We have seen those bullying tactics between the titans also.

Example: ZA Free vs McAfee.

I have written many times to McAfee that this was not acceptable and I would stop my subscription otherwise, and in the end with many users writing like I did, McAfee decided to correct the situation.

People using ASC and Norton together should write to Symantec to correct this odd behaviour of Norton.
The reason to write to only Symantec is that, they are the ones to correct the behaviour of Norton, as ASC does not have any problem when installed together with Norton.

Cheers.

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -
Old May. 14th, 2010, 18:10

Default no more Norton

I used to be a big fan of Norton, all until one day when I was asked to buy the Norton Internet Security again after they had reworked a very poor version of the program. I think it was the 2002 version that was very slow and took a lot of system resources. I would have gladly accepted a free update to a version that was running better, but having had to use a poor product for several years and then having to pay for the "bug fix" 2005 and at almost full price made me much less of a happy customer.

Well I found AVG (free) instead and tried it and I feel it is doing at least the same job or better. Since I work with computers a bit I have recommended AVG rather than Norton ever since. AVG has no conflict with ASC that I have ever seen on any system.

I must add that Advanced SystemCare is by far the best working system utility I have ever come across. I recommend it to everyone I ever come in contact with regarding computers and MS operating systems.
Old May. 14th, 2010, 18:31

I have to say I gave up using Norton products many yrs ago. As I watched the bloat and demands on the system continue to rise.

I've also done a lot of work on infected systems. The biggest issue I ran into was people using Nortons and having multiple infections from Trojans and spyware.

I've been using Viper professional from Sunbeltsoftware for 3 yrs or so. I haven't had a single infection. Its loaded with features and has a very low system resource requirement.. Not to mention they make sure it is compatible with other security programs you may choose to use such as IOBit 360 and ASC.

Time to smell the roses people there are at least 3 or 4 apps out there better then Nortons.
Old May. 14th, 2010, 22:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2010 View Post
I am Michael, a software engineer and also a loyal user of Advacned Systemcare. This is my first post.

When I updated my Norton 360 the anti-virus forced me to uninstall my pro version of Advanced Systemcare said that there is an Application Compatibility problem between the two products. I had let it done by Norton with the result that the ASC software was uninstalled. I have been running Advanced Systemcare and Symantec 360 V3 without any problems before Norton update. Actually, I renewed Adavanced Systemcare Pro V3 in Feb.2010 and I still have 9 months left. So I emailed Iobit support for help and asked whether they are aware of this issue. They did help me get my ASC PRO back and told me that they were contacting Symantec to solve this issue as there was no compatible issue. They also suggested me contact Norton support directly for the reason why Norton would require this.

I googled on internet and found this discussion in the Norton community.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norto...ighlight/false

After viewing this post, I thought the reason Norton gave is ridiculous. I have been a system care user for nearly two years. I know what it does. It cares my PC and makes it run fast. It's not a security program, it's a system maintenance product. Why Norton would define it as a security product and said there is compatible issue while there is not.

I emailed Norton support and got the same explanations:

I thought this is not the truth. Why would Norton ask users to uninstall a system tool and claim that it's a security product?

I came into the thought that this might be a strategy Norton adopted to take up the market of Advanced Systemcare as ASC has a good popularity in system maintenance market. Why such a big company deliberately bullies a small company which is so welcomed by customers?

Let's do something to help Iobit;
1) Contact Symantec directly through the following link and ask them to fix this issue.
http://www.symantec.com/norton/suppo...ct.jsp?pvid=cs
2) Spread this post on the Internet.
3) Send an email about this to the press you know.
I had the same problem but what I did was uninstall Norton and I installed Avast. I did this about 3 months ago and my computer has not had any spyware, malware, or viruses and the best thing Avast is free.