Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > Advanced SystemCare > ASC General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ASC General Discussions Let's share the unique experience, magic techniques, howtos, solutions and everything of Advanced SystemCare.

Old Jun. 8th, 2010, 02:54

Default TaskManager CPU Usage pegged at 100%

I recently upgraded to ASC Pro... I like it a lot. But, it seems to have a problem? IOBitupdate wants to run continously in the background? It keeps TaskManager CPU Usage pegged at 100%... for hours on end. It never stops updating? Why is this? It really causes my PC to slow down a lot. I can close that process in TaskManager and CPU usage will go back to normal... for a while. The it will start downloading again, hogging CPU time again? I have tried setting when it will update time and only after 30 minutes of inactivity, to no avail. How do I fix this?
Thanx, Brick
Old Jun. 8th, 2010, 03:12
Administrator

Hi Brickly
Have you tried this?

Curious problem!
Please go through all your program settings and choose the ones you need and refresh all settings.
The updating isn't happening terribly often - after all it is an optimizing program first and foremost not an anti-malware program.
If that doesn't help you can try a "clean install" - read about the concept in my signature links (Usage of IObit Products)
(it entails essentially to uninstall the program then delete the program folder and then install the program again - this is done to be sure that no leftovers reside in the folder from a previous version)
Cheers
solbjerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickly View Post
I recently upgraded to ASC Pro... I like it a lot. But, it seems to have a problem? IOBitupdate wants to run continously in the background? It keeps TaskManager CPU Usage pegged at 100%... for hours on end. It never stops updating? Why is this? It really causes my PC to slow down a lot. I can close that process in TaskManager and CPU usage will go back to normal... for a while. The it will start downloading again, hogging CPU time again? I have tried setting when it will update time and only after 30 minutes of inactivity, to no avail. How do I fix this?
Thanx, Brick
Itemized subjects Table of content
In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
Clean Install concept Clean Install
Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines
Old Jun. 8th, 2010, 03:24
IObit Support

Hi Brickly,

solbjerg is right. A clean install will solve your problem.

The cause may be that you still have some left files of your previous ASC version in your program installation directory, always "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3".

So please delete the left over files in that directory after you uninstall the application.
Old Jun. 8th, 2010, 19:53

A clean install seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks ~ Brick