Facebook   Twitter   Google+   YouTube Get FREE Online Help Free Download IObit Products  

Go Back   IObit.Com Forums > Protected Folder > IObit Protected Folder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IObit Protected Folder The most advanced and easiest privacy protection. Let's share the unique experience, magic techniques, howtos, solutions and everything of IObit Protected Folder.

Old Dec. 3rd, 2010, 12:56

Default Hidden directories

Observations having tested the software:-

If Windows setting - hide system files and directories is set to 'on' then the user is in with a chance of haviving this software hide the 'protected file/directory', if the setting is set to 'off' in other words display system hidden files/directories then this software does not hide the 'protected' file/directory, so becomes a bit pointless. if like me you are an I.T. professional then protecting files using a password is simple with microsft office software also Adobe.

This software is a good idea but needs a little more thought to being able to display directory content and open hidden/protected file from within an application given an 'addon' to office products (word, excel etc) and adobe.
Old Dec. 6th, 2010, 05:37

Default Ref:Hidden directories

I think instead using files as hidden password protection is good for lower important data and for very valuable data it needs password protection and hidden both.
Old Dec. 6th, 2010, 06:36
Administrator

Hi jc
Yes also the windows privacy option for folders works ok
But the office file protection is not the best, you can usually set a password and then you can get in by writing several different passwords, but given the large amount of possibilities it is fairly safe for common use.
In my opinion one should never store ultra sensitive information on the computer. But to hide less sensitive files from other users and the like is sufficiently ok I think.
6AU61 → that is solbjerg coded with monday in my own system.
That system can be used like a one-time pad which makes it virtually impregnable..
But I usually don't use the function.
Cheers
solbjerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc2259 View Post
Observations having tested the software:-

If Windows setting - hide system files and directories is set to 'on' then the user is in with a chance of haviving this software hide the 'protected file/directory', if the setting is set to 'off' in other words display system hidden files/directories then this software does not hide the 'protected' file/directory, so becomes a bit pointless. if like me you are an I.T. professional then protecting files using a password is simple with microsft office software also Adobe.

This software is a good idea but needs a little more thought to being able to display directory content and open hidden/protected file from within an application given an 'addon' to office products (word, excel etc) and adobe.
Itemized subjects Table of content
In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
Clean Install concept Clean Install
Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines