IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster 6.2 BSOD - AMD IOMMU Device Updated. (Great Product but needs more warnings not for the non-technical)

Hi

I came across IOBit Driver Booster 6.2 by accident being an IT professional most of my drivers were current, however it found a couple of updates for my network adapter and Wacom tablet.

The problem I have with this software is driver run at Kernel Level which means if you install the wrong driver you could end up booting to a Blue Screen Of Death. (STOP screen)

Driver Booster creates a restore point so fixing the issue is easy IF YOU KNOW HOW to do so and what a restore point is, some people don't!

AMD IOMMU Bluescreened me; I and VMware 12 bBTW.

If you need further info feel free to email me.

Anyway I like your product and will be keeping it.

A couple of points:

1. The 'Update Now' button is a bad idea if you update multiple drivers and then get a BSOD you won't know which driver crash you, I didn't get a minidump or memory dump and it's setup correctly

2. If you update a single driver, as time consuming as it seems; a reboot prompt should appear. :(

3. if you select multiply drivers a warning dialog re-the above should appear.

4. Most of all videos on how to recover using a restore point on all current windows OSes should be linked and prompted on first install.

Great product otherwise!

Thanks and Best regards,

Robin

Hi

I came across IOBit Driver Booster 6.2 by accident being an IT professional most of my drivers were current, however it found a couple of updates for my network adapter and Wacom tablet.

The problem I have with this software is driver run at Kernel Level which means if you install the wrong driver you could end up booting to a Blue Screen Of Death. (STOP screen)

Driver Booster creates a restore point so fixing the issue is easy IF YOU KNOW HOW to do so and what a restore point is, some people don't!

AMD IOMMU Bluescreened me; I and VMware 12 bBTW.

If you need further info feel free to email me.

Anyway I like your product and will be keeping it.

A couple of points:

1. The 'Update Now' button is a bad idea if you update multiple drivers and then get a BSOD you won't know which driver crash you, I didn't get a minidump or memory dump and it's setup correctly

2. If you update a single driver, as time consuming as it seems; a reboot prompt should appear. :(

3. if you select multiply drivers a warning dialog re-the above should appear.

4. Most of all videos on how to recover using a restore point on all current windows OSes should be linked and prompted on first install.

Great product otherwise!

Thanks and Best regards,

Robin

Hi bluesonicboy,

Sorry for the inconvenience. And your suggestions are highly appreciated. I've forwarded it to our developing team for consideration.

Archived