IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Startup Manager – Browser Startups

How about giving a little more information. Examples of what you refer to as browser startups (hundreds of them) would help. Lack of understanding may be due to terminology you are using. A Search for your subject line "Startup Manager-Browser Startups" returns no results.

They are browser Add-on's which help with additional customizable features and enhancements.

Add-ons come from the Internet, and they usually require that you give your permission before they are installed on your computer. Some can be installed manually by the user. Some, however, might be installed without your knowledge. This can happen if the add-on was part of another program that you installed. Some add-ons are installed with Microsoft Windows.

I have found these in folder paul-appdata-roaming-Microsoft-Windows-Start Menu-Programs-Chrome Apps- Shortcut tools- Application tools. They have names like

$82 on ebay watch list Invicta 46mm Specialty Quartz Multi F.._

_ WindAlert

01 New Releases - Netflix, Amazon, iTune.._

Advanced SystemCare 12 - IObit.Com Fo.._

what are browser startups in IObit st.._

These are links and I can click on them and go to web sites. There are over 500 of them.

Looks like they are added every time I go somewhere on google chrome.

I did screen shots but could not get them to upload!

You are asking two completely different questions.

I have answered your question regarding ASC Startup Manager-Browser Startups

Now you are talking about Folders in your User area.

Please clarify the connection between what you see in ASC and what you see in your User folder.

They are the same things except in ASC Startup Manager-Browser Startups when I click on them they don't open a web page . NEVER have I give permission to add these. In fact they are all rather useless. Almost looks like my browser history.

In ASC BrowserStartups it is simply showing you a list of items which are activated/available in your browser. You can choose to remove them from the list if you wish, and they will be deleted from your system.

Look at this link and it will explain the Chrome Apps entries (Start Menu-Programs-Chrome Apps- Shortcut tools- Application tools)

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74358-create-desktop-shortcut-website-google-chrome.html

Thanks to your help I now have the answers to questions 1 and 2.

As to #3. The folder “Chrome apps” is only 1.36 mb . I do, however, wonder if this could effect RAM. Right now the task manager shows my memory usage at 74% and Google Chrome using about 293 MB of memory. When I close chrome the memory usage goes down to about 68%.

Does this sound okay? Any idea if deleting these would help RAM or even be worth it?

I have only been using ASC for a couple of days and will probably have more questions. I downloaded the manual but it is not very explicit. I have tried with no luck to find tutorials. Anyone know of any?

Thanks again for the help.

People often seem to think that it is a good thing to be using as little RAM as possible.

In fact the exact opposite is true. The more RAM you use the more efficient your pc will perform. By loading items into RAM your pc does not have to keep accessing the disc, as running a program from RAM is much faster.

Windows is actually very good at managing RAM, and if it finds that it does not have sufficient RAM available to run another program, it will endeavour to clear some items from RAM which

it deems low priority in order to free up some RAM.

My RAM normally sits at 65%-75%. My machine response is very quick.

I use Firefox, which uses 800Mb of Ram. So your Chrome usage is quite low.

Sometimes you can run into issues (particularly Gaming or Video Editing) when a program requires a lot of RAM to operate.

In this case the solution is to either close everything else down to free RAM or increase the amount of RAM on your pc.

You should Google RAM and RAM usage. There are some very interesting articles.

As for the ASC Tutorial...I am afraid that the Product Manual is all there is, and yes it is not very useful.

Please feel free to ask questions on the Forum. I am sure other Users will be glad to help.