IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced System Care 12.6 caused complete system freeze after installation

Karolo82

I have been using ASC 12.5 without any issues (well, apart from older issues with Avast but it probably has been dealt with). I found out that there is new version available namely 12.6. I downloaded and installed it as usual but this time my Win 10 FROZE inadverently after i allowed my Zone Alarm freeware firewall to load ASC driver. I was forced to unistall ASC in Safe Mode. I don't remember what was the exact name of the driver that caused that freeze but i'm attaching log file from ZA below :

This really gets me worried as now both Avast and ZoneAlarm are proving to be incompatible with your software at one point or another.

Ok i get it. You finally convinced me that you are the 'bad guys" and that your software indeed compromise system's security instead of strenghtening it. I'm done with your product

We are not the bad guys. Iobit are the bad guys. This is a volunteer forum populated by non-iobit people, who volunteer their time to help others.

Iobit are supposed to support us with assistance, and up to a couple of years ago they did. Now, we rarely hear from them. It is sad because the products are excellent.

I suggest that you temporarily disable your security software and then install ASC. If it installs without issue you should reactivate your security software and run a scan with the security software.

If there are files in ASC which it considers unsafe they will be flagged (most likely as pup's because Iobit install marketing items with their programs and some security softwares consider these to be invasive..) you can then put the said files in your security software ignore list' (s).

As regards to Iobit, they seem to be concentrating on FB and Twitter now, so you can send a negative review to those platforms and that may get their attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

This is Cicely from IObit.

We have worked out a new version to remove some false positive.

Could you please download it from http://update.iobit.com/dl/advanced-...care-setup.exe and check whether it is still be reported?

If the report persists, please send us a screenshot of the detection and let me know the database version of your security software.

Waiting for your reply.