IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

C: changed from Disk 0 to Disk 2

DrCarl

Greetings,

(1) Is there ANY part of ASC 13 Pro that can change the disk numbering?

I've had recent issues (100% disk activity) and tried to solve this by tweaking almost everything with ASC 13 Pro.

Besides no longer being able to start Windows (it was then Win 10 Home ver 1809 - endless spinning marbles on a black screen) I had previously noticed at some point that the disk numbering had changed. This rendered System Restore useless. Backup of C: got me back in the game.

If the answer to (1), above, is 100% "no," and if anyone has any idea how a disk number could be changed, I'm all ears.

TIA

The answer to No1 is 100% No,

With regard to the disc numbering issue.....this is a windows item and you should google why does a disc number change.

You do not say whether ASC caused any problems, or whether it was as a result of using ASC that the disc numbers changed.

I have never heard of this happening.

Have a look at these sites...https://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/238912-windows-keeps-changing-order-my-hard-disks.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+did+my+hard+disc+number+change&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Scannan,

Thanks.

It's comforting to know that ASC was not the problem as far as the Disk numbering goes.

I should have said that I really don't know whether or not ASC caused any problems -- since I had problems in the first place....and since there is always the possibility of User Error.

Thanks also for the two site links. I posted in the [Windows] "TenForum" as well.

Nice that you got back to me so fast. I'll be back with more questions.

I hope to discover if there is anything that ASC can do that might mess things up.

Be well,

DrCarl

• 2 months later...