IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Browser History

iuliug

Hi,

As far as noticed, Scan results and fix results in browser web address history auto-complete disappearing. I use Opera browser. I hate to use my auto=complete addresses as they speed up things. Which items should i ignore inthe Fix?

You give very little info, so I am assuming that it is Privacy Sweep that is causing the issue.

In ASC settings you should look at the different items which are cleaned during Privacy Sweep anduntick the relevant item so that it is not part of the scan.

Probably the Saved Form Information item.

Sorry I cannot be more specific, but I do nor use Safari.

Do you have Junk Files Clean selected?. Maybe that is causing the issue, Check in ASC settings for the items selected in Junk Files Clean. Maybe DNS Cache should not be selected.

Also ensure that Safari itself is not set to clear history automatically on shutdown.

So i managed to sort it out. There is a Quick Settings page, where Privacy Sweep Auto was still selected. Kinda strange to have 2 locations for this settings. But it is sorted. Will continue to use the product. The license is valid only 1 year no?

I cannot find Privacy Sweep Auto in Quick Settings. Please could you tell us the name of this setting as it may help others.

Also I tested the Settings and Quickk Settings and if you switch off a function in Settings it also switches off in Quick Settings and vice versa.

Also when you did not run the Scan for 3 days the issue still occurred, which does not make sense.

If you Click the Manage Licence on the bottom right of your GUI screen it will tell you how much time is left.

Ok so u can access Setting on the top left icon. There under Automatic Service u have Auto Care u can select and there u have Privacy Sweep.

Right-clicking on the task bar icon U can access Quick Settings that has the same Auto Care enabled by default hich probably has Privacy Sweep too.

So i need to turn off Auto Care unfortunately to have Privacy Sweep off.

You do not have to turn off Auto Care completely just to stop Privacy Sweep.

In Settings/Auto Care you can just De-Select (Untick) Privacy Sweep. Then you can activate Auto Care and the other Functions of Autocare will work but Privacy Sweep will not.

This is very strange. i have tested this numerous times and if I switch off AutoCare in Main Settings it is also switched off in Quick Settings,and if I switch it off in Quick Settings it is also switched off in Main Settings.

It is important to remember that when you change anything in Main Settings you have to click the Apply button. If you forget to do that, then the changes do not take effect.

Hi there

Please let me know the latest time when you found ASC deleted the history.

Please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

1) Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe

2) Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

3) After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

4) Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

If the mail can't be delivered because of IObit_Debug_Info.zip, please upload it to http://www.wikisend.com/ and then send the upload link to us.

Thanks for your time and assistance in advance.

Hi, Thanks but i managed to sort it as i described in my last post.

Don't worry about it. As you can see Iobit does not take much notice of Users posts. Iobit are only interested in Users supplying them with daignostic logs in order to

save them the effort of actually trying to help Users with their issues.

They used to give actual help here on the Forum, but alas they do not anymore.