IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto Care/Ignore List Issue

Scannan

Today, Auto Care deleted a file under Spyware Removal.

This file is not a threat and I did not want it removed. However, Autocare did not ask if I wanted it removed. It simply removed it.

Also there is no way of including this file (or any file) in the Ignore List directly. The only way is to reinstall the file again (if you are lucky enough to have it) and then run a normal scan.

When the file shows up in the normal scan you can then highlight it and put it in the ignore list.

I find this pretty ridiculous. There should be a way of putting a file in the Ignore List without having to perform a seperate scan.

Additionally, there should be an option in Autocare, whereby you are asked if a file should be removed or ignored.

It is unacceptable that if you use the Auto Care feature, that you do not have the same amount of control as you have with an ordinary scan.

Now the only option is to Untick Spyware Removal in the Auto Care settings so as not to run the risk that it will decide to remove files that you do not want removed.

This really reduces the effectiveness of Autocare.

Today, Auto Care deleted a file under Spyware Removal.

This file is not a threat and I did not want it removed. However, Autocare did not ask if I wanted it removed. It simply removed it.

Also there is no way of including this file (or any file) in the Ignore List directly. The only way is to reinstall the file again (if you are lucky enough to have it) and then run a normal scan.

When the file shows up in the normal scan you can then highlight it and put it in the ignore list.

I find this pretty ridiculous. There should be a way of putting a file in the Ignore List without having to perform a seperate scan.

Additionally, there should be an option in Autocare, whereby you are asked if a file should be removed or ignored.

It is unacceptable that if you use the Auto Care feature, that you do not have the same amount of control as you have with an ordinary scan.

Now the only option is to Untick Spyware Removal in the Auto Care settings so as not to run the risk that it will decide to remove files that you do not want removed.

This really reduces the effectiveness of Autocare.

Hi Scannan,

We are really sorry to hear that. We will consider how to add this function to help users add those kinds of files to Ignore List. Thank you very much for your suggestion and feedback.