IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Ram

Gary Jones

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,it was quite easy to come to that conclusion.During gaming with smart Ram enabled

on both versions 13 and 14,if i manually tried to empty the ram using the performance monitor in version

13 i would get the same answer time after time,best performance achieved.Now with version 14 when i

manually clear the ram it clears between 300MB and over 1GB of memory each time its pressed,i had to

check that it was enabled because so much Ram was being released and it was enabled.This is whilst

playing the same game on the same PC.

Gary Jones.

Thank you for the clarification.

If you have smart ram enabled I presume you have it set to Auto Free. Why then would you manually clear ram with performance monitor.

Also, you do not say whether your Gaming performance is being badly affected in version 14. I am assuming that because a lot of ram is being released, that you are saying that this negatively

affects your gaming.

The ideal situation is to have as much ram as possible in use as this speeds up your pc as ram is faster than reading from disc. If you are clearing ram while gaming, is it because other

running programs are taking too much ram and this slows down your gaming.

For instance, Firefox has a memory leakage issue which causes it to slowly consume more and more ram.

I am sorry for the questions, but I am trying to figure out what your issue is, other than version 13 and version 14 release different amounts of ram.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,yeah the settings are set to auto free,i just like to make sure that smart ram is actually working

and freeing Ram by manually running the performance monitor.As i said earlier every time i checked it with Version

13 i would get the message best performance achieved,but with version 14 its a different story when i run the performance

monitor it can release over 1GB of ram in some cases,if the auto release was workingt as it should it would not have cashe

over 1 GB of ram.This is having a slight impact on my gaming,with version 14 where as version 13 was fine.

Gary.

The only conclusion to be got is that V14 is more aggressive. The theory being that if it clears more then it must be better.

Sadly, more is not always better. I certainly do not recommend using smart/auto ram cleaning.

Windows is actually very good at managing ram, and ram cleaning tools are in effect fighting with windows management.

I only use the manual ram clean in the Performance Monitor, because I use Firefox which has a memory leakage issue, and I only still

rarely use it, usually when FF has been running for days.

Here is a good article which may help you.....https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/does-cleaning-ram-helps/