IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IOBit Surfing Protection browser Add-on doesn't play nice with Google Image search.

Mugsy

Just thought I'd let someone know, when I try to perform a Google Image search (Firefox browser), if I click on an image to view it, the screen refreshes (sometimes twice) and you must wait for the browser to relocate and redisplay the picture. Very annoying.

Even worse, if you then try to view one of the suggested alternate images associated with it, the screen refreshes, reloading the *original* image again.

The only fix was to disable the Add-on. :(

Hi Mugsy,

Sorry for the trouble. Normally, Surfing Protection will not cause such trouble. And I performed a test without any problem.

Please help us look into it:

1. Which image do you search and the screen refreshes. If possible, send us the screenshot of the issue so that we can see it clearly.

Guide for taking a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

2. Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the reply.

Very strange. I tried to record a video of the behavior and... while the problem was still there... the video turned out bad. So I attempted to record another and the problem went away

The problem appears to be intermittent. A screenshot would be of no help since you can't capture what is occurring in a single image (the refreshing & reloading of the screen.)

I'll let you know if the problem occurs again.

PS: The problem is independent of the type of image searched. I believe it only occurs with the Firefox browser.

Archived