IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows defender multi antivirus warning with ASCU and Malware fighter

This may seem like a self explanatory warning; where it warns about having 2 antivirus products installed and actually do have 2 installed, 3 if you count Windows Defender itself.

?It does raise the question tho: should I actually be doing this.

?

?From my basic research, the ASCU antivirus and malware fighter pro (with bitdefender engine), are 2 different antivirus engines, with different strength and weaknesses. I remember reading that its suggested to have both installed for best coverage (is this correct?), but I also know that generally installing 2 different antivirus products is a bad idea, and now windows is raise warnings about it. Am I doing something silly, similar to installing bitdefender and avast at the same time, or is it more like installing bitdefender and spybot search and destroy? With modern antivirus protecting against all types of threats anyway, is there a real point in have both an antivirus and an antimalware? Is ASCU giving me 95% protection and malware covering another 5% but causing double the amount of anti virus scans, etc?

?I guess it can be summed up as, what is IOBits best practice for having both these products? Am I just slowing down my computer with virus scans for a tiny percent increase in protection?

Hi craige1,

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate focuses on anti-virus and it also contains all the clean and optimization functions of Advanced SystemCare that can optimize and boost your PC at the same time.

IObit Malware Fighter can protect your PC from malware and viruses.

Both of the two programs use the Bitdefender antivirus engine and two products can work well together without any conflicts.

Therefore, you can choose to keep them together or keep one of them as per your own needs.

Thanks.

Hi Cicely,

?Thanks for getting back to me, helping clear up some confusion.

?Since Malware Fighter protects against viruses, just as ASCU does, and they both use the same engine,, does that mean I can turn off the anti-virus protection in ASCU, leaving Malware Fighter to give me the same level protection (with the added benefit of anti-malware as well)?

Archived