Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed ASC Ultimate 11, but still have virus in system.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed ASC Ultimate 11, but still have virus in system.

Somehow I have become infected. I am now getting dozens of "GreatArcadeHits" ad pages popping up whenever I try and load a page, or select something from the page.

• ragin1311
    replied
    ok this is a multi step removal

1st you need to uninstall the greatestarcadehits program if it installed one.

you will then want to use a program to remove the adware/pup from all your browsers(the site im getting instructions from suggests adwcleaner)

run a registery cleaner to remove traces of the program install if there is one.

then you will want to run your antimalware program i recomend malware fighter personaly.
    run a second antimalware program of your choosing

next you want to reset all browser addons and clear all cache and history.(the files can be hiding in the cache)

i hope i have been of help with your issue and the instructions were provided on a seperate malware removal forum when i asked about the issue mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Cicely
    replied
    Originally posted by upchucked View Post
    Somehow I have become infected. I am now getting dozens of "GreatArcadeHits" ad pages popping up whenever I try and load a page, or select something from the page.

Hi,

Did you get any popup from Advanced SystemCare Ultimate to notify you about this GreatArcadeHits virus?

Please offer us a screenshot of "GreatArcadeHits" ad pages you have got.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• enoskype
    replied
    Hi Upchucked,

When communicating here in this topic, you may get help from Cicely, but in the mean time you can try communicating with Malware Fighter expert Superdave in Spyware-Malware Removal Help! section.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X