IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Antivirus engine issues - default setting is to switch off, and Eicar files not detected on download

car7

Issues 1: To reproduce this problem. Go to setting under antivirus settings -> protect. Then select recommended. It switches off 'real time protection?

Issue 2: Even with real time protection on, if I download the basic Eicar virus test files are not detected. Tried pushing pushing protect level to high and switching off silent. But still it fails to detect download and saving of these files.

My advise is to use other anti malware solutions, at least I used iobit malware fighter pro and is not a good anti malware solution, don't know if ASC ultimate AV engine is the same or not, and if it is effective or not.

But definitely iobit has a lot of work to do to improve their malware fighter software

• 1 month later...

Yes there are many other alternatives than iobit malware,..Definitely iobit is good but not the best..It has lot to improve on to which i hope it will soon (Spam link removed..Kathy28 Banned for breaching Forum rules)

Hi,

I have to say that I started to use IObit Malware Fighter PRO again, initially was to give it another try but I must confess that I'm impressed that version 6.6 works pretty well, has very good malware protection and is very resource friendly.

I've not tested IObit Malware Fighter 7 yet, I'll wait until the final version is released and I really hope that at least this new version has the same small footprint and strong protection than 6.6

Also I'm looking forward for IObit to finally being able to have Malware Fighter submitted to AV tests

• 5 months later...

My advise is to use other anti malware solutions, at least I used iobit malware fighter pro and is not a good anti malware solution, don't know if ASC ultimate AV engine is the same or not, and if it is effective or not.

But definitely iobit has a lot of work to do to improve their malware fighter software