IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A in the asc-ultimate

Windows Defender scanned my pc today - and found the Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A in the asc-ultimate-setup.exe program. Fortunately this is quarantined. How to explain a Trojan virus in your executable file? I downloaded from your site. So I should uninstall ASCU 13?

As you can see, I moved your post to the correct sub-forum.

As for your issue.....If you look through the forum you will find many posts regarding Trojans detected in Iobit products.

You will see that these detections are false positives, due to different AV programs setting new detection criteria/definitions.

You should upload the file to Virus Total and see if it is considered a danger. I suspect that it is probably just considered to be a PUP.

If you are satisfied that it is not a danger, then you should include it in Windows defender whitelist, and continue to enjoy ASCU 13.

I have never seen a case where an Iobit product was responsible for an infection on a users machine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This trojan can use your PC to click on online advertisements without your permission or knowledge. This can earn money for a malicious hacker by making a website or application appear more popular than it is.

Find out ways that malware can get on your PC.

What to do now?

Use the following free Microsoft software to detect and remove this threat:

Windows Defender for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, or Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7 and Windows Vista

Microsoft Safety Scanner

You should also run a full scan. A full scan might find other hidden malware.

Remove browser add-ons

You may need to remove add-ons from your browser:

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

Disable or remove Add-ons in Firefox

Uninstall extensions in Chrome.