IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advance SystemCare Ultimate disable Windows Defender !

Hi wohariakus, welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate includes a full anti-virus engine from BitDefender and it is strongly recommended by security experts that it is not advisable to use more than 1 (ONE) anti-virus program (real-time) in a PC.

So, you should decide which anti-virus program you are going to use, ASCU or Windows Defender?

If you want to install ASCU anyway, you should install it in compatibility mode to keep Windows Defender working, otherwise ASCU is going to takeover the anti-virus defense.

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

On a related topic. In the case that I have ASCU and I'm fine with Win Defender being disabled. How do I stop my OS (win 10) from sending me messages that i dont have a spyware and unwanted software protection. It is getting annoying

On a related topic. In the case that I have ASCU and I'm fine with Win Defender being disabled. How do I stop my OS (win 10) from sending me messages that i dont have a spyware and unwanted software protection. It is getting annoying

Hi Revok, welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Security and Maintenance > Change Security and Maintenance settings

Turn Messages on or off > Security Messages > UNCHECK the checkbox of Spyware and unwanted software protection > click OK button

Instead, I would recommend to use IObit Malware Fighter 3. [The new IMF4 (Beta) also includes a Bitdefender engine on top of IObit's anti-malware.]

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

When running ASC ULTIMATE 8 (Defender is off), would it be redundant to run IObit Malware Figther 4? Alternatively, if running ASC U v.8 and Malware Fighter 4, would you advise turning off the real time protection offered in ASCU? I would imagine running the Real Time protector and IOBit Malware Fighter at the same time would be akin to running 2 virus protection programs, thus slowing system performance. Right now, I run ASCU 8 with real time protection off, and am also running IOBit Malware Fighter 4 for real-time protection. The system seems to recognize Malware Fighter as an anti-virus program.

Hi mwiz,

It's not redundant to run IObit Malware Figther 4 with ASC Ultimate.

ASC Ultimate is a combination of system optimization and antivirus protection. While IObit Malware Figther 4 is a combination of malware removal and antivirus protection.

We made them compatible with each other. They work together to provide better protections against virus & malware as well as better optimization for system.

• 1 year later...

Archived