IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Possibly Bug Report - Advanced SystemCare can't handle AnyConnect Cisco

Sonic

So for the last year I have been fighting with a problem of "Blue Screen of Death".

The blue screen came in between 10 minutes till 2 hours after I turned on my VPN service, AnyConnect.

I have talked to both my VPN provider, and to Cisco. Both reporting that everything works just fine. I have tried formatting my computer hundreds of times, not helping.

So I decided to format one more time. This time, I installed my AnyConnect from Cisco first. Afterwards I installed another program "on my list", and connected the VPN to see if I got the blue screen of dead. I didn't. I installed EVERYTHING. A lot of programs. Nothing happened.

Then I installed Advanced System Care V8.4, connected my to my VPN and 42 minutes later I got the first blue screen of death.

I tried the same thing on another computer without installing ASC. It runs smoothly with the VPN.

So it seams that ASC can't handle the AnyConnect from my VPN provider. I have also tried to use another connection through the AnyConnect. I tried to connect to my University through VPN. I can easily connect (with both connections) but after 10 minutes till 2 hours, I get the blue screen of death. Through both connections.

I am not using ASC right now because I'm in Hong Kong and need my VPN to redirect from Denmark. But I miss ASC. But I loose work every time the blue screen of death appears, so I have no choice right know.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Best Regards

Mike Andersen

Hi Sonic,

We'd like to look into the issue. But we need your help.

When you are free of time, please kindly find and zip all files under C:\windows\Minidump and send them to us.

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hey supporters!

I'm glad to hear from you guys! I just want to say that I'm a really happy user of ASC! It's the best tool I ever had!

I just made a fresh installation of Windows 7 because I need to use my VPN service. I'm on exchange in Hong Kong and I need to have access to my stuff back home. Since my laptop is a very important part of my study I can't try to make the error again right know. I need to have VPN access almost all time. I will have to check with the international office if there is any holidays. If we got like 4-5 days of, I think I will be able to make the blue screen appear again, send you the informations, and reinstall Windows, before having the next lesson. Cause as I remember it's not enough to close, or remove ASC to make the problem go away. The error will still appear.

I am looking forward to help you guys solving the problem.

Best Regards

Mike Anderse

• 2 weeks later...

Hey again.

I'm really confused right now. I have been using the newest version of ASC for over a week now, and still no blue screen. I read somewhere a year ago that it could be a firewall problem making the VPN crash, so just to be sure I have tried with AVG Internet Security (which I have used for years, also when I had blue screens back home in Denmark), and Eset Smart Security, which I have used for a bit over a month now. But still nothing happened.

Maybe you guys have already fixed the problem. Cause when I found out the the VPN and ASC couldn't run together, I didn't use ASC on the laptop I used to connect to my VPN. Only VPN and AVG Internet Security. On my desktop computer I didn't connect to my VPN, and had AVG Internet Security and ASC running. All to prevent the blue screen. So it might be two months ago since I had the last blue screen problem.

I will keep waiting for the blue screen though.

Right now everything is running, so that's fine. :-)

Will this thread be open, or will you guys close it now?

Should I just make a new one if I see the blue screen again?

Best regards

Mike Andersen

• 2 weeks later...

Hey supporters!

I can tell you that I got a bluescreen. As I didn't expect it to happen, I have been using AVG Internet Security. I have now removed it, and are waiting for another crash without Internet Security. Do you still want the files from the crash WITH security software installed?

Best Regards,

Mike Andersen