IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Latest upgrade of Firefox no longer allows ASC Surfing Protection

Same here. This morning, Firefox updated to 43.0.1 and now ASC Surfing Protection 2.0 is disabled. On the Firefox Add-ons Manager page, I get the message, "Advanced SystemCare Surfing Protection could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled." Surfing Protection worked perfectly before the Firefox update. Is there some way to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

This is part of Firefox's new security policy, which will only allow signed addons to run. As Iobit Protection is not signed, it is now disabled. The only permanent solution is for Iobit to comply with Firefox security requirements and have the Add-on signed.

For now there is a method of undoing the Firefox block, but it is only temporary, as the ability to undo the block will be completely removed in the next update to Firefox 44 and Iobit Surfing Protection will no longer work.

Here is an article on this issue. You should read it fully including the comments, and decide if you want to use the workaround.

This is part of Firefox's new security policy, which will only allow signed addons to run. As Iobit Protection is not signed, it is now disabled. The only permanent solution is for Iobit to comply with Firefox security requirements and have the Add-on signed.

For now there is a method of undoing the Firefox block, but it is only temporary, as the ability to undo the block will be completely removed in the next update to Firefox 44 and Iobit Surfing Protection will no longer work.

Here is an article on this issue. You should read it fully including the comments, and decide if you want to use the workaround.

Thanks Scannan! I used the about.config workaround mentioned in the article and that enabled ASC Surfing Protection in Firefox. Even though it's only a temporary fix, I'm just glad to have it working again.

Hi Scannan,

FYI, at the moment, I am using 46.0a1 (2015-12-19) Nightly and the option is still valid. (Although with a warning after enabling, of course it is convenient for developers' usage, and most probably will not be available in the official final of the same version.)

Cheers.

Thanks for the answers... I think the matter is: Is Iobit intentioned to follow the way that is useful and friendly to all users of ASC? "The only permanent solution is for Iobit to comply with Firefox security requirements and have the Add-on signed."

Otherwise, once Firefox no longer allows a feature, once Chrome no longer allows a feature, etc. etc... I think you understand what I mean: We love ASC and we'd like to have features working

Mozilla have stated that they will remove the preference in update 44,which means that the add-on's that are disabled will remain disabled with no workaround. The only obvious solution is to not update to version 44 and hope that Mozilla come to their senses.

Posted reply 2 days ago and now I no longer see IT>

Why haven't you done your due diligence yet. Get the thing digitally signed already... I mean HOW LONG does it take???

What are you people DOING??? Mozilla updates to 43.3 and you dither about, making excuses.

I'm paying for this service. Will you be refunding ANY of my money??? OR paying to FIX my computer IF compromised by your INACTION????

Are you saying that Mozilla, who is dedicated to a free and open web, is requiring you to PAY for a digital signature?

"Very Interestink"~Arte Johnson~

Perhaps it's time for an IObit browser....Resurrect FLOCK and call it IObrowse

Nobody said anything about having to PAY for anything. You can look up Mozilla's signing procedure and conditions on the Mozilla site.

Archived