This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Yes, your assumption is absolutely correct.

Thanks for your detailed explaination of differences. There are a lot of knowlodge. I am also learning a lot when I see your message.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Acigan View Post
    I can explain some of the differences in reported values. You can see them in action if you fire up TaskMgr.exe, MS Performance Monitor MMC plugin, and the ioBit Performance Monitor, MONITOR.exe. If you place all three side by side and just watch the CPU usage values for example, there will be differences at times. Heres the reasons for them:

Both Task Manager, and MS Performance Monitor MMC plugin are native Microsoft applications. In being that, one would expect they would show the same values as they execute but that is not the case. Within the box may be a single core, dual cores or quad cores of the actual processor. When more then one core is involved, the gathered information will be fetched a CPU core at a time and then averaged. To us humans, the processes appear to be running all at the same time but in the reality of the nano and pico-seconds, tasks are being threaded one by one into the cores. So in our three monitor tasks running example, there is a first, a second and a third task waiting in line. Sometimes, depending on the number of cores like a quad core CPU, all three end up in 3 of the 4 cores at the same time, each looking at the other cores and evaluating what they are processing at the moment, and NOT always including themselves in the evaluations. So MMC.exe in core 0 sees core 1, 2 and 3 and evaluates values, MONITOR.exe in core 1 sees core 0, 2 and 3 and evaluates its results and TaskMgr.exe running in core 2 sees core 0, 1 and 3 and evaluates its results.

Since the three apps in question are written differently and even different code-token sizes being executed withing the cores, they all three evaluate different results even within the same CPU clock tick cycle. Even differences of if the EXE module is compiled using x32 or x64 token sizes makes a difference. An x32 app running on a x64 core will bring in 2x the tokens per tick then the larger x64 based code token produced by the compilers when the EXE is created.

Now keep in mind that ioBit apps run on both x32 and x64 based processors and the logic is more then likely x32 bit for both. (am I correct in that assumption, ioBit?) because we dont click seperate links for x32 and x64 when we bring the logic to our boxes. So now there is a new factor in the differences mix..... x32 code running on x64 cores. On an x64 OS, Microsoft has optimized their native applications for the x64 bit cores and MMC.exe and TaskMgr.exe can be different then their x32 counterpart EXE files. So on x64 boxes, run the MONITOR.exe (x32) and it produces some slight differences in results because it is either processing x2 faster as two blocks of code are moved to and from cpu for execution, or its running x2 slower then the x64 MMC.exe and TaskMgr.exe, because of extra paging needing to be performed to bring in code into the CPUs.

There is also the factor of the Software Development Kit (SDK) overhead of MONITOR.exe verses native MMC.exe and TaskMgr.exe that is written native for the operating system and may not even go thru the logic bloat layers of the SDK. So again, MMC and TaskMgr would evaluate faster results then MONITOR.

Now we get to the MMC plug in verses native code of TaskMgr verses SDK layer of MONITOR. The MMC.exe version of Performance Monitor is a plug in to MMC.exe and not a fully compiled App. This means that it also has an extra layer of cycles and processing deep in the cores to fetch the logic compiled in the DLL files of the Plugin. MMC.exe is the basic general logic all the plugins use. Each plugin has its own unique logic in the plugin logic that is not common to any other plugin. So MMC.exe has some extra logic cycles to fetch and execute the code-blocks from the DLLs that other performance monitor apps would not have. This shows up in the other apps as MMC.exe using more CPU cycles then the others, just to show the same results.

All these factors and even more not explained here are why monitoring is always averaged. If you want more exact monitoring, use MMC and set up monitors on each of the CPU cores individually and dont use the ioBit MONITOR.exe at all. Its a high level monitor geared to general users and not exacting techie types that examine every cpu cycle tick. It even averages the CPUs on multi-core machines to present a single value in the panel. Its used to show a generalized usage and reporting values. If something doesnt look kosher then, fire up MMC or TaskMgr and examine in more detail.

As Cicely said above in general terms, some differences are normal. I hope Ive explained some of the reasons for the normalities in further detail. There are many many more subtle things that are also occurring within the CPUs and I only touched on but a few that can produce slight variations in results.

With all that being said, the ioBit modules are not reporting incorrect results, they are just reporting the results from a timeslice that is nano or pico seconds ahead or behind other monitor applications also running at the same time. Same time to us humans, Hours, Minutes, Seconds, are lifetimes to the CPUs in their time scales. They are not processing things at the same time, they are processing them in a defined timely order, defined by oscillating clocks in the mega and gigahertz range ..... in other words.... single file into one or more cores on the processor chip, all timed and orderly...., just very very fast to us.
    Think of it as Cars at a traffic intersection. the light turns green and x number of cars go thru, some faster or slower then the green light before or even the one to follow. But if you sit and count them over say a time cycle of a hour, then sum up the number of cars per hour, and divide by 24 hours, ..... you will have that average number of cars (logic block tokens) flowing thru the intersections (the cores). Do that for a month and produce the results for review. Thats what monitor applications are actually doing.....very very very fast. So there will be differences between apps that do that since they dont always even include their own logic blocks executing in every pass. Doing so skews the results. But the others saw the blocks and skewed their own values by not including their own blocks of code. They cant, they evaluate a logic block of their own if that block is the the one that does the evaluations. Its not in core yet to execute the results.

See how freaky it is inside the cores? Now you know why Developers are freaky kinds of people.

I hope Ive explained things and given you things to ponder on or to further understand the box thats before you in how it performs the tasks you ask of it.

IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Hi Acigan,

Thanks for the feedback and your valuable ideas on ASC 10 Beta. I personally admire your professional and unique perspectives.

I have forwarded them all to our Product Team. They will defenitely take them into consideration.

Thank you.

IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

You're welcome. Let them all know to keep up the good work on those products.

Comment

Downloaded ASC10 because i'm a fan of ASC 9 (have the pro version)
          Just 2 questions:

Can i use ASC 10 next to ASC 9 or will it give problems ?
          Will it be possible to upgrade from ASC 9 to ASC 10 ?

Thnx

BTW 10 looks good !!

Comment

i would suggest that you go into ASC 9 SETTINGS and unclick the option to load at startup. Both will fire up when Windows starts up and will run concurrently. I haven't noticed any conflicts per say, but both ASCs will be active sharing some settings and at other times having separate copy of settings. Mostly in the area of what to clean up. With both ASCs running you are taxing system resources. Normally this would not occur since the Production versions uninstall the prior installs, but because this is BETA, it is loading off to the side of the Production.

I have Beta loaded onto two different machines. One has the v9 still installed and the other v9 was uninstalled manually prior to beta install. The one with v9 still installed was running both versions at Windows Startup so I turn off the setting to load automatically. It does not appear to effect the Beta logic on either of the two boxes whether Production is there or not other then the dual concurrent running of the ASC Production and Beta. The beta is even loading into its own folder under Program Files.

Just turn off the setting so the Production doesn't start up. That way when Beta testing is complete it can be uninstalled, the setting turned back on; and your box is back the way it was in preparation for the actual v10 Production release.

Hope this Helps

Comment

I am very disapointed. I have used versions 8 and 9 of Advanced Systemcare and was pleased with their performance. So i loaded Adva ced Systemcare 10 beta on my machine which currently has windows 10 installed. my machine has locked up at the point where you are supposed to choose the keyboard. It will not accept any keyboard input from me. If it is expecting touch screen input I am truely screwed. I saw no disclaimers about special equipment being required at the site where I downloaded your beta software. If there is any trick required to get past that point kindly let me know.
              jby1956@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi jimmypop,

You can use ASC 10 beta version and ASC 9 together, or only use any one of them. For more information, please refer to Acigan's answer.

Have a good time!

Originally posted by jimmypop View Post
                Downloaded ASC10 because i'm a fan of ASC 9 (have the pro version)
                Just 2 questions:

Can i use ASC 10 next to ASC 9 or will it give problems ?
                Will it be possible to upgrade from ASC 9 to ASC 10 ?

Thnx

BTW 10 looks good !!
                IObit Support Team --

Comment

Hi Acigan,

Thanks for your timely and professional assistance to jimmypop.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Acigan View Post
                  i would suggest that you go into ASC 9 SETTINGS and unclick the option to load at startup. Both will fire up when Windows starts up and will run concurrently. I haven't noticed any conflicts per say, but both ASCs will be active sharing some settings and at other times having separate copy of settings. Mostly in the area of what to clean up. With both ASCs running you are taxing system resources. Normally this would not occur since the Production versions uninstall the prior installs, but because this is BETA, it is loading off to the side of the Production.

I have Beta loaded onto two different machines. One has the v9 still installed and the other v9 was uninstalled manually prior to beta install. The one with v9 still installed was running both versions at Windows Startup so I turn off the setting to load automatically. It does not appear to effect the Beta logic on either of the two boxes whether Production is there or not other then the dual concurrent running of the ASC Production and Beta. The beta is even loading into its own folder under Program Files.

Just turn off the setting so the Production doesn't start up. That way when Beta testing is complete it can be uninstalled, the setting turned back on; and your box is back the way it was in preparation for the actual v10 Production release.

Hope this Helps
                  IObit Support Team --

Comment

Hi Jby1956,

Welcome to IObit Forum!

Sorry for it. Please provide us with the following information so that we can further look into it.

1.Please tell us what actions you took and which module of Advanced SystemCare you ran, then the trouble came out.

2.Is there any error message? If yes, please take some screenshots and send them to us. Guide for taking screenshots: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

3. Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe. Then double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click "OK" button to open that saved folder. Please send the zipped file to us.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Jby1956 View Post
                    I am very disapointed. I have used versions 8 and 9 of Advanced Systemcare and was pleased with their performance. So i loaded Adva ced Systemcare 10 beta on my machine which currently has windows 10 installed. my machine has locked up at the point where you are supposed to choose the keyboard. It will not accept any keyboard input from me. If it is expecting touch screen input I am truely screwed. I saw no disclaimers about special equipment being required at the site where I downloaded your beta software. If there is any trick required to get past that point kindly let me know.
                    jby1956@yahoo.com
                    IObit Support Team --

Comment

TO Jby1956:

I run the BETA on a Win10 box. It does not act in the manor you describe. Your issue sounds more Windows related then ioBit related.

Check all your current Windows 10 Patches. Verify you are on WIndows 10 Anniversary Edition by this time. If not, get it for free from the Microsoft Store. There is also a service patch as of this week to the Anniversary Edition.

Your issue may also be outdated Drivers. if you dont have it already, fetch the latest version of ioBit's Driver Booster 3. In the settings option, unclick the option that looks only a drivers offered thru the Windows Update and look for drivers that are newer, like from the manufacture themselves. The setting Im referring to is on the GENERAL tab, scroll down and says "ONLY DISPLAY DRIVERS THAT PASS WHQL TESTS" --- Uncheck that option, rerun a driver scan and update drivers that it finds. Reboot cold not warm, meaning, a complete power down, wait at least a minute or more for capacitors to discharge their loads to ground, then power the box back up.

It sounds to me like you have both a drivers problem and Win10 Patch problem. Once youre back up, double check your Windows Settings to make sure that Win10 is fetching and applying patches automatically. Microsoft releases their OS patches once a week, on Tuesdays for all the supported OS versions thru the Windows Update function. But if the user does not use the automatic apply feature, the patches dont ever come to the box and have to be fetched and applied manually.

Comment

TO Jby1956:

another trick to try if the keyboard driver is locked up and wont allow typing, but you have mouse actions, would be to right-click START BAR, select the TOUCH KEYBOARD BUTTON and turn it on.
                        This will give you an icon on the start bar for virtual keyboard that you can click with the mouse to circumvent the locked up physical keyboard. Then go make sure you have the Win10 patches and the other stuff I said above.

Comment

I love the new UI and also like the new tools. I have subbed to IOBit since ASC 5 and hope to get a free code

Comment

• Beta 1 has been working great for me but the new Beta 2 is messing up a couple of my games on Steam. Golf With Friends and Ghost In A Shell: First Assault both break after installing and running ASC 10 beta 2. I'm also getting a disk read error in Steam when trying to update those two games with beta 2 installed.

Comment

hi asc people i must say i use asc all versions on different computers along time now and i found the first versions a bit slow.like 1 and 2 from version 3 it started to get a bit better and faster,and it inproved every version i updated.now i had version 9 and i wanted to delete it cause i had version 10 beta downloaded.but what happend i got 3 months free if i kept the version 9,lol so now ive got both of them,haha i love asc i use both versions and i go further with 10 after the proversion of 9 is over.but i feel kinda bad to delete one cause you given me so much peace of mind over the years.so i really want to thank you people for all those years of protection and often i won free pro around christmas or eastern,lol.i keep using this for ever you got a true fan of your product my friends i want to call you.i often tell to everyone who can hear to start using asc and alot of my friends are doing it now.i will ask them to say something on here too.keep up the good work friends and again thank you so much for years of feeling protecteed by you.swans2525,holland.

Comment

Working...
                              X