IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Performance Monitor and double Firefox processes with exact stats

HoustonGuyNW

I updated to the latest version of Advanced System Care 10 Pro yesterday. The performance monitor shows Firefox on 2 separate processes with the exact disk i/o stats. The RAM stats vary between processes. My concern is that Windows task manager only shows 1 process of Firefox and IOBit performance monitor may be showing a problem with mirrored disc usage not shown by Microsoft. ESET is my virus detection software. Should I be concerned? If this is a sign of malware showing a mirrored process how can I determine how it gets initiated and stop this from occurring?

I updated to the latest version of Advanced System Care 10 Pro yesterday. The performance monitor shows Firefox on 2 separate processes with the exact disk i/o stats. The RAM stats vary between processes. My concern is that Windows task manager only shows 1 process of Firefox and IOBit performance monitor may be showing a problem with mirrored disc usage not shown by Microsoft. ESET is my virus detection software. Should I be concerned? If this is a sign of malware showing a mirrored process how can I determine how it gets initiated and stop this from occurring?

Hi HoustonGuyNW,

Welcome to IObit Forums. Hope you have fun here.

Please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

1. Send us the screenshot of the issue you reported.

Guide for taking a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

2. Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.

Hi HoustonGuyNW,

Thanks for sending us the screenshot.

As you are running Windows 10, it is normal that you see only one process is running as the background process is hidden. Please open Windows Task Manager and check if there is one process displayed under Background processes. I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

Please check and let us know the result. Thank you.

Here are 3 screen shots. One showing the APPS running and the other showing the BACKGROUND PROCESSES running. (They both would not fit on the same screen.) One showing IO Bit DISK I/O values. Oddly enough this morning I ran an ESET log collector progroam before I started this and while there are 2 processes showing on the IOBit window (top right), they have different RAM values. BUT, both processes show the exact same DISK I/O values in the IOBit window top left.

Hi HoustonGuyNW,

Thanks for sending us the screenshots. Please rest assured that it is normal to show the exact same Disk I/O values.

As for your concern "ESET is my virus detection software. Should I be concerned? " in the first post, we'd like to let you know that the main feature of Resource Manager is to show those processes with high RAM, CPU and Disk I/O. Then users can decide to end the unnecessary ones to free up system resources. As ESET service takes high CPU usage, it is correct to display it in the Resource Manager.

Cheers.

Archived