IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry Defrag messed up boot?

Prototype772

Today after upgrading to asc 10 and running a registry defrag. During restart after the windows logo i get a black screen with white cursor for 1 min and 30 seconds before it gives me the login window. This started just today, as i've used registry defrag many times in the previous version of asc 9 and never had this problem.

But after updating to asc 10 and using registry defrag now every restart after windows logo i keep getting black screen and white cursor for 1 minute 30 seconds before i get the login page. This has me worried now that my system file might be damaged, a clean install is not an option for me.

Hi Prototype772,

Welcome to IObit Forums.

Please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Prototype772,

Following up the issue you reported, please check and let us know whether you will encounter the issue without running a registry defrag scan when rebooting your system.

Moreover, our engineer worked out a demo to look into the issue. Please kindly follow the steps below:

1. Download the demo from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79796917/ASC.zip and unzip it

2. Open the folder, double click FixDemo.exe to run it, click DoFix button to fix the problem

3. Launch Advanced System, run a scan with Registry Defrag alone under Clean & Optimize tab, fix the problems found, and restart your PC to see how it works.

If the problem remains, please Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

?Thank you.

Hi Prototype 772,

Sorry for the trouble caused to you. Please let us know whether you encounter the issue without running a registry defrag scan on your main computer.

Moreover, please let us know the result after you run the Registry Defrag scan on your side computer.

Thank you very much. Happy holiday season.

Archived