IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry cleaner

alicez

I have always used CCleaner but recently it has had many problems. I would like to use Advanced SystemCare 10.1 Free. I am new at this and was told when using CC with Win 7 and Win 10 not to use the Registry Clearer as this could foul up the computers. I notice that Advanced System Care has a Registry cleaner. Does anyone use this on their Win 7 and Win 10 computers? Or is it best NOT to use it and to skip it.

I installed the ASC 10.1 on my old Win XP and saw the Registry cleaner scan listed 162 items that had to be deleted and am afraid if I use on my Win 7 or Win 10 it would foul up those two computers if I deleted Registry entries.

I have used Registry Cleaner on Windows 7 and it worked good.

Basically when it cleans registry it actually applies various registry and shortcut fixes.

It helps you to remove junk files and re-arrange the scattered local disk volumes which eventually increases system performance.

Thank you,

Chadwick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi alicez,

All issues scanned out by Registry Clean were tested rigorously by our Test Team.

Moreover, we'd like to let you know that ASC will backup the registry items first before deleting them. If anything unexpected happens, you can also undo the registry changes in Rescue Center. So please feel free to delete them with ASC.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Alicez i would not recommend using registry cleaner, especially if you are not really sure what are you doing.

Benefits of using registry cleaners on regular basis in terms of PC performance are not so significant, when you take in consideration that they may seriously disrupt your OS stability.

I would suggest that you use Advanced Uninstall tool like IObit Uninstaller instead of registry cleaner tools. It`s much safer and it removes left over registry keys from the uninstalled software.

Archived