IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk Optimization causing laptop to hang

tonygump

Just downloaded and I like the program. Everything else worked fine.

I tried Disk Optimization 4 times, but every time it locked up my laptop when it reached 20-22% complete.

Running Win7 Home Premium 64-bit

HP G-62

6G RAM

30% free space on HD [300G total]

Thanks for your help!

Tony

Hi tonygump,

Welcome to IObit Forums.

Do you encounter the same problem when you run a scan with Disk Optimization alone? Please confirm.

Please provide us with the following information for investigation.

1. Send us the screenshot of the issue.

Guide for taking a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

2. Please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.

As this was the first time using this app, I did each task separately. I will not be able to do a screenshot as my laptop freezes up.

I found that it froze up when it got to my Bitcoin blocks. I temporarily move the the folder to an external hard drive, then D.O. ran fine.

Tomorrow I will try to run again after adding back the block folder to my main drive, and will update then.

I attached the debug file

Well, this is strange. After moving the Block folder, the Disk Op said there was no errors. So, I moved the folder back & it said there was 6330 errors. It was a mixture of different files, mostly Firefox, Bitcoin, &; Win Office files. I don't understand why the other issues did not come up before? But the process of moving the folder away then back allowed Disk Op to function as advertised.

So, unless this happens again, I will consider this issue solved [by what manner, who knows].

Hi tonygump,

Can you perform a test again to move the Block folder to an external driver and move it back to see if the issue repeats. If so, please provides us with the screenshots of the two scan results for our investigation.

Moreover, download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe -> Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'. -> After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. -> Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks in advance.

I did as you asked. The Disk Op showed no errors. I ran another DeBug for you. It is attached. I also attached the original screenshot showing my errors.

I hope this helps, though I know how one-off things can happen.

Hi tonygump,

So sorry to hear this bad news. And we hope you could further assist us to sort this issue you encountered out after you re-download the entire block-chain. .

Please take steps below to further test whether there is any issues when you optimize your disks with Smart Defrag if it is possible for you.

1. Download Smart Defrag and install it from the link below?http://update.iobit.com/dl/smart-defrag-setup.exe

2. Perform a full scan for your computer and a custom scan for the Bitcoin blocks alone to see whether any issue. And please send us relevant screenshot for the scan result.

3. Download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 1 month later...

Hi tonygump.

Current size of entire Btc blockchain is huge...50-60 gb or even more. So in your case I don`t see the point of holding full btc wallet on your HDD. It`s just too much for average PC user.

Instead i would recommend you to use online wallet with 2fa authentication (maybe blockchain.info), or if you don`t like online wallets maybe some lightweight clients like Multibit or Electrum.

I really think that you should consider these options.

• 4 years later...