IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ESET NOD32 Antivirus deleting Advanced System Care [SOLUTION is described by Cicely]

My antivirus software claims to have detected a threat in Advanced System Care (see screenshot attached) and has responded by deleting ASC. Does anyone know what's going on here? And, shy of disabling my antivirus software entirely, how can I address this?

Thanks.

So according to Eset the problem is iobit being seen as a deceptive program. To be honest, I've never been happy with with iobit bordering on nagware but put up with it due to speed increases.

Disregarding this, as iobit is on this list, do you intend on doing anything about it? Without getting into the pros and cons of iobit, after speaking to Eset customer support, their attitude is iobit is at best is an over bloated solution for something that is not required as it can be done by Windows 10 itself and at worse makes registry changes that are not required.

From personal experience I weighed up the pros and cons and as they say the 'proof is in the eating' and continued using iobit. However, Eset is more important for me and as their attitude is basically iobit is bloatware and they have closed down their query as it isn't a false positive (see all links below) it's down to iobot to comply and do something about this 'deception'.

If they intend on playing ostrich and leaving their head in the sand, I'd rather know now so I can uninstall it, because this is the impression they are giving when they offer no response to this post or a solution on their own forum but post something on eset's instead.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/11250-false-positive-advanced-systemcare-is-falsedly-detected-by-eset-nod-32/

https://customer.appesteem.com/Home/Deceptor

https://customer.appesteem.com/deceptors

I been having same issue. ESET Level 3 Tech confirmed to me personally there is nothing wrong on their end and it's on Iobit's end. Of course when I try calling support the phone just rings and is never answered. When I email them I keep getting the company line response its ESET issue. Once they even sent me a long complicated email on how to block ESET from killing it and of course that was worthless waste of time. I now own a useless software I can't use and is past the 60 day refund time. Guess I have another worthless software I got stuck paying for. Would be nice if someone who actually know what they were doing and had a viable solution would respond to this issue instead of ignoring it in hopes we go away. Guess what we are going away and not using their products.

Just got the following response from IOBIt. Hi,

So sorry for the inconvenience. Hoever, we have contacted them to resolve this without success.

ESET adopts a third party company AppEsteem to certify apps with their own requirements. ESET deletes ASC.exe

because AppEsteem clarifies Advanced SystemCare as a deceptor. As our long-term user, you know that ASC is a legit program that helps customers clean and optimize their system.

Currently, we are providing them with more infomraiotn to prove ASC is not a deceptor and will try our best to figure out a way to dispute the result.

Please wait for a while.

Sorry again and thanks a lot for your time.

Sounds like once again IOBIT doesn't know how to really fix the issue they created.

Hi everyone,

As Jeff3603 said, we are still working on solving the false positive made by ESET .

We are providing them with more information to prove ASC is not a deceptor and will try our best to figure out a way to dispute the result.

To remove this false positive earlier and avoid more users suffering the issue, can you help us report this false positive to ESET, which may make them do correct decision? Thank you in advance.

Here is the link to contact ESET support:

http://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/?art=soln141&seg=home

Now to solve this false positive, please add our program to the exclusions of your ESET program by following the guides in http://support.eset.com/kb2769/?locale=en_US, and then reinstall the program from http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=asc-dl

Thank you.

Yes, but is it a false positive or are you playing the proverbial ostrich I mentioned?

In other words are you denying all the problems listed here that were added to as additional evidence yesterday:

I've noticed on a few occasions that other iobit software is installed with very little warning if any when updating. You've sailed close to the wind on various occasions regarding this and with how many registry errors are displayed. Many of which I've considered dubious, especially when you do another scan straight afterwards to see yet more errors or 'privacy issues'. I've put up with this because I've looked at the big picture and seen some speed improvements. However this is the final straw. If what is said by Appesteem is true and your mentality is not to 'eat humble pie' and do something about it, but instead just see it as a false positive then it's time for me to uninstall it. Assuming it is true, I ask myself, if you are not prepared to do anything, is it because your software may be perceived as having less value if there are less errors displayed?

To put it succinctly, if it is true and these screenshots seem to back this up, the solution of asking us to report it as a false positive to eset is the equivalent of when someone commits an offence hoping if enough people protest otherwise, by default it will no longer be seen as one. I'm sorry, this doesn't wash.

I have tried Iobit's so called work around suggested by Cicely. First, it didn't resolve the issue at all. Second, it seems this is the company line they are now giving out rather then accept responsibility , as most reputable companies do, and fix the issue. Of course they know they got our money and we can't get it back. Just another scam I think to get your money. Iobit has had a reputation in the past of being shady in the past. I thought they had gotten past that practice and improved. They did for a short while and now are sliding right back to their shady practices. Guess they need to pump up their bottom line. I have uninstalled all their products from my machine . I have found little change in speed. I definitely get a lot less so called errors. Exactly how they were when they were operating in their shady days. I hope the rest do the same and don't use their products or buy them until they actually fix the issue. Hitting them in their wallet seems the most effective way of getting them to do something besides the proverbial "lip service."

Everyone should read the link mikeb13 posted BEFORE trying the so called work around offered by IOBIT. Disabling your AV is dangerous and not advisable Particularly since ESET is rated among the best I definitely will not do that. I think everyone should request a refund even though they probably wont get one to send IOBIT a message. When they get inundated with tons of refund requests that might get their attention.

I would like to make some observations regarding this issue. Firstly let me be clear, that as a Moderator on this forum, I have no personal connection to the Iobit Company. I am a volunteer with the sole purpose of helping other users. In fact if you read my many posts in the Forum you will see that I have been very critical of Iobit on many occasions.

1) ESET is just one security company. Apesteem is just another company. They have their own criteria and methodologies, and their own interaction with each other. So, you must ask yourself,

why are all the other security companies not blocking Iobit also. If the issue is a cut and dry as ESET say, then I am sure that all the other top security companies would also block/uninstall

Iobit also. Actually, the fact that ESET uninstall Iobit without giving the user the choice of keeping it, would appear to me to make them also guilty of manipulaton.

There is a big choice of security software and optimisation software out there, and it is not unreasonable to expect some of them to have a conflict. Therefore the only reasonable thing for

users to do is to find the programs they want which do not conflict with each other and use those. If you prefer Iobit's program but your security software has an issue with it, then change

your security software.

If you prefer your security software, but it has an issue with Iobit, then use a different optimisation program. There is no point in trying to force either of these companies to change their

minds. As you can see, that will not work. Iobit have tried to come to resolution with ESET, and ESET are not budging. I will say again that ESET, or any other security company should

leave the choice to the user, and should not simply block/uninstall a product without giving the user the option of keeping it.

In this case it would be great if Iobit and ESET were able to work together, but unfortunately that is not the case. Iobit believe that ESET are acting unfairly, and ESET disagree.

Neither can claim the moral highground.

2) As for iobit support.....well that is a whole other issue, and has been dealt with here many times. Sadly, Iobit do not listen in this regard. As an example, in post #3 I recommended

putting ASC in the ESET exclusions list. In post #4 the user replied that this solution does not work, yet in post # 13 ( the first response from Iobit) Iobit offer the same solution. Either

they did not read the other posts or simply ignored them.

In defense of ESET. I have had that program for decades and haven't had any issue except with IOBIT software. I do agree with Scannan that its a war of who blinks first in this case. I also agree ESET should give the user a notification asking if they want to block or install the blocked software first. I realize nothing is perfect and I do feel a reasonable attempt at a compromise is in store from both parties. I certainly will not uninstall my ESET just because IOBIT won't work. I trust ESET far more then I ever have IOBIT. I think if they know there is a conflict IOBIT should allow unsatisfied customers to get a refund and be done with it. Instead they seem to prolong the agony with clueless fixes.

One more thing Scannan. I really liked your post. It is factual and unemotional. It states the issues in a clear and concise manner. It put everything in proper perspective. Thanks.

You are most welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

Hi Scannan,

Many thanks for sharing your opinions on ESET matter, by standing a neutral position.

Regarding the matter you mentioned, It was my fault that I missed the reply in post#4. I am always trying to read and reply to every feedback seriously as those ideas are precious for us as well. I feel so sorry if there is any omission because of our negligence. We will pay high attention to this and make improvement for a better forum service.

We appreciate your long-term and unselfish contribution to IObit forum and help us grow up. If I made mistake again, do not hesitate to point it out :)

:-):-)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for that previous method failed to resolve the issue.

Please believe we are still following up for further solve this matter, and hope that we can work together to get this false positive fixed asap.

We have released a new version v 10.2.0.725. Please download it from link below and let us know the result. http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-Sy...-10407614.html

Thanks

Finally IOBIT came up with a viable fix. I tried it and my software now works perfectly without any conflicts. It is frustrating and disappointing when we have to bombard IOBIT to finally get them to fix it. I have posted the email reply I have from them with the link to the fix.

Hi,

Sorry for any inconvenience. This is Wendy from IObit Support.

Please download the latest package from this link to see whether the issue fixed:

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html

After a conversation with ESET, we find it adopts a third party company AppEsteem to certify apps with their own requirements. ESET deletes ASC.exe because AppEsteem clarifies Advanced SysetmmCare as a deceptor. As our long-term user, you know that ASC is a legit profram that helps customers clean and optimize their system.

Please write back to us if the new installation package does not work.

Good weekend.

--

Smart Defrag 5 final version is out! Welcome to try it and share your experience here!

Find answers to common questions: http://www.iobit.com/faq.html

Find answers on forum: http://forums.iobit.com/index.php

Download more freeware from IObit:http://www.iobit.com/products.php

===================

Sincerely,

Wendy

IObit Support Team

http://www.iobit.com

I'm sorry, although I know I won't get a 60 day refund as it was a renewal, I've taken up Scannan's advice and uninstalled IObit.

Why is this? Because the answers simply aren't good enough from them. AppEsteem today have added more screenshots today as evidence. Instead of confronting these accusations, iobit consistently put their fingers in their ears and shout 'False Positive'.

I wouldn't argue that eset should not themselves automatically uninstall a program, but this is used as a 'straw-man' argument to deflect attention away from why iobit were black-listed in the first place. In other words they are accused of:

1. In many circumstances other iobit programs are installed without the user's permission.

2. ASC over exaggerates problems, including flagging anti-virus backup signatures and stating there is no anti-virus when Defender is installed.

3. Live Update left installed and active, plus many other several executable files left after uninstallation.

Point 3 I can testify as being true, as I had to use a third-part uninstaller to get rid of most of them after I had attempted the so called iobit 'uninstallation'.

The term 'False Positive' is subjective, but for iobit to just badge the above as 'legitimate' behaviour, which by default they appear to be doing so in declaring it a false positive without answering the accusations is a good enough reason for me to no longer use the program. It will be only a matter of time before they end up on more blacklists.

I am not even sure if this update resolves these issues as iobit refuse to even acknowledge them in this forum. I doubt it, as a reply consisting of 'YOU know ASC is legit' suggests otherwise. If the solution consists of trying to circumnavigate Eset's signatures, than this confirms my decision was correct as it will only be a matter of time before Eset adjust their signatures accordingly and we will be back to where we were.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for that previous method failed to resolve the issue.

Please believe we are still following up for further solve this matter, and hope that we can work together to get this false positive fixed asap.

We have released a new version v 10.2.0.725. Please download it from link below and let us know the result. http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-Sy...-10407614.html

Thanks

**WARNING**

I very strongly recommend that those users who wish to download the latest version, do not use the Cnet link provided but instead use the Majorgeeks link provided by Forum Admin Enoskype in

News & Updates. http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...emcare_10.html

It is actually quite funny that in this Topic concerning users issues with Adware etc that a link would be posted to Cnet, which is one of the biggest offenders when it comes to Adware etc.

Archived