IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

scan for spyware getting hung

Using ASC 10.4 Pro - on a new computer (WIN 10) When scanning for spyware threats, it gets stuck at 72% and reads "suspicious registry item..." and doesn't move from there. I have to click "SKIP" to get out of the loop. I've tried this several times now - same result. Please advise. Many thanks.

Hi flourishingpaula,

Sorry for it. Please provide us with the following information so that we can further look into it.

1. Please take a screenshot when the scan gets stuck and send us the screenshot.Guide for taking screenshots: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

2. Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe.Then double click to run this tool and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click "OK" button to open that saved folder. Please send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Thanks for your work and look forward to your early reply.

Thanks for the reply. Attached please find the two items requested. Please note: the system show the "progress dots" so it technically doesn't stop working, it just won't move past this one item in the registry (whatever that item might be!). This same thing happened on one of my family's notebook computers. If the system is booted in safe mode, it doesn't get hung and it doesn't find anything. I haven't tried that with this new machine (yet) but could if that would be helpful in finding a solution.

Thanks for the help.

Paula

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply. Attached please find the two items requested. Please note: the system show the "progress dots" so it technically doesn't stop working, it just won't move past this one item in the registry (whatever that item might be!). This same thing happened on one of my family's notebook computers. If the system is booted in safe mode, it doesn't get hung and it doesn't find anything. I haven't tried that with this new machine (yet) but could if that would be helpful in finding a solution.

Thanks for the help.

Paula

Hi flourishingpaula,

1. Please download the demo from http://wikisend.com/download/716098/MalwareScanTest.exe

2. Copy and paste it into the installation folder of ASC 10. To open the installation folder, right click on the desktop icon of the program, and choose Open file location.

3. Run MalwareScanTest.exe and have a Fast Scan to check whether there is any issue. The scan may be slow and please wait for 30 minutes before you give up.

Please click Report Frozen to save the report and send us that report if the scan fails to be finished.

Thanks for your work.

The fast scan ran with no issue. I then ran a full scan and it did hang for a bit, but then finished. The results are in the screen shot below. Given this, I will attempt to run the full scan from within the ASC10 console. If it hangs, I'll post again. If not, perhaps we've solved the great mystery! Many thanks for the help.

The fast scan ran with no issue. I then ran a full scan and it did hang for a bit, but then finished. The results are in the screen shot below. Given this, I will attempt to run the full scan from within the ASC10 console. If it hangs, I'll post again. If not, perhaps we've solved the great mystery! Many thanks for the help.

Hi flourishingpaula,

The scan and fix completed without problem, which means our program could work normally on your computer.

You computer may be a little slow so you feel the scan get hung. Please run our program again and wait patiently until the scan and fix completed.

Then reboot your computer to see whether is any issue.

Thanks.

Archived