IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC tries to disable Services

Leighton

ASC 10 tries to disable:

1. Diagnostic Policy Service

2. WdiServiceHost

3. WdiSystemHost

Without these Services running, some of the "Windows Troubleshooting" routines are crippled(Disabled). I struggled for a week trying to find out why they were being disabled. I'd turn them on and they would mysteriously get disabled. I accidentally stumbled on the fact that you were shooting me in the foot. I set them to be ignored. Now I am happy. Why did you think it was a good idea to disable them? They are essential. Stopping them in order to run one of your routines is one thing, disabling them is quite another.

?[ATTACH=CONFIG]n221527[/ATTACH]

Cicely,

Also, note on the screenshot above that “Boost priority of foreground applications” is being recommended to be set to “0”. I think your designers are misunderstanding what they are trying to alter. The value they are about to tweak is “ForegroundLockTimeout”. The default value is 2000000 milliseconds(200 seconds) after activity in the foreground window will it allow a background app to assert itself to the foreground or at the very least, steal the “Focus” from the foreground app. Setting it to “0” says that as soon as you do something in the active window, the background app can steal “Focus” or set itself as the active window(unless I’m misunderstanding what Microsoft said).

Archived